Random Question... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-27-2002, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Question Random Question...

Does anyone else besides me ever wonder what the big-wigs of shitty car companies drive? Not that I am bagging on any particular type of car, but lets face it, some are better than others. By better it could be performance, creature comforts, etc.

Anyway, take for example Kia. I know nothing about the cars other than they are fairly cheap when compared to other cars, and in most cases you get what you pay for. Now somewhere up atop the Kia food chain is the President/CEO/COO/whatever ego inflating title he has...does anyone ever wonder what he drives? I highly doubt he rolls in a Sephia or Sportage....but who knows.

Just a random question thought up by a sick and twisted mind.....let me know your thoughts.

Ride Safe!!

Disclaimer: If you drive a Kia, don't get mad at me. As I stated, I know nothing of the vehicle other than its wallet friendly qualities. It is merely used as an example...

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-27-2002, 11:59 AM

Well, seeing as MOST crappy car companies are actually owned by another company that in turn owns quite a few companies...they probably drive the best car from the entire family of vehicles.

I'm not positive, but I think that Kia is owned by Mazda, and Mazda in turn is owned by Ford...who owns Jaguar...so...the president of Kia could drive a Jag...

Who knows...
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-27-2002, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gimpdiggity

I'm not positive, but I think that Kia is owned by Mazda, and Mazda in turn is owned by Ford...who owns Jaguar...so...the president of Kia could drive a Jag...

Who knows...

Yep! Thats what I was gonna suggest too But he Could drive a new Mini!!

~ I agree, he/she aint drivin no Kia Rio!!!

Oh, sorry if you drive a Rio... No, really,.... Im sorry for you

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-28-2002, 12:48 PM

Henry Ford

Good question.

Have any of you seen the ad where the young Mr. Ford (Henry the 4th?) talks about Mustangs or Ford trucks. I bet HE drives a FORD.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-28-2002, 03:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to ga_skyline_rydr Send a message via Yahoo to ga_skyline_rydr
Well Volkeswagen owns Rolls Royce/Bentley, and Porche/Audi, very nice cars and all very expensive. What do you suppose the CEO of Volkeswagen drives? He has a very nice stable to chose from and doesn't have to worry about the cost of the car.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-28-2002, 03:45 PM

Bentley,mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-28-2002, 03:50 PM

Send a message via AIM to ga_skyline_rydr Send a message via Yahoo to ga_skyline_rydr
Quote:
Originally posted by desmo079
Bentley,mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
You are probably right, more than likely the new Bentley Arnage that is rated at 425 horse power and gets under 10 miles to the gallon.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-28-2002, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Quote:
Originally posted by ga_skyline_rydr

You are probably right, more than likely the new Bentley Arnage that is rated at 425 horse power and gets under 10 miles to the gallon.
Yeah, but do you think gas costs are a concern that makes it into is budget? Do you think he even does his own budget? Do you think he even knows how many people he has hired to count beans?

My new career goal is to become independently wealthy and be a man of leisure....

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-28-2002, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ga_skyline_rydr

My mama told me this. Neuveau Riche by Rolls-Royce. Old money buy Bently. Bentleys are so understated. Much less chrome and no hood ornament. Just luxury and POWER.

Arn't they about $300,000.00 ?
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-28-2002, 07:25 PM

Re: Henry Ford

Quote:
Originally posted by desmo079
Good question.

Have any of you seen the ad where the young Mr. Ford (Henry the 4th?) talks about Mustangs or Ford trucks. I bet HE drives a FORD.
I'm sooo sick of that guy! I get the impression he smokes very high grade cocaine in the back of a looong limo. "I won't even stay in a hotel that I can't open the windows"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode