The Super Squid... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-24-2002, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

The Super Squid...

Hi everyone.

I was driving over to my girlfriend's house the other day, and I noticed a brand new Yamaha R1. Also in this guy's driveway was his Navigator on dubs.

I said, "Nice bike."
He said, "Thanks."
I said, "Is it fast? (of course I knew it was fast, I was just making small talk really)"
He said, "I don't know, I don't know how to ride it. I really just bought it to say I have one."

Now, what the Hell is the point of having a brand new R1 if you don't even know how to ride it??

I thought it was rather humorous...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-24-2002, 11:30 AM

Well your right he is a squid. But he's a squid with a really nice bike! It's to bad he bought it as a status symbol, instead of for the love of riding. It seems a shame for a bike like that to go to waste.

Last edited by Provis72; 06-24-2002 at 06:05 PM.
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-24-2002, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Provis72
.....to go to waist.
Its spelled waste. Waist is the thing your belt goes around.

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-24-2002, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kevlar7R

Its spelled waste. Waist is the thing your belt goes around.

haha
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-24-2002, 12:56 PM

No. Provis72 was right. He just left out the words "a panty".
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-24-2002, 01:00 PM

Too Bad...

...that he took it out of the shipping crate if he's not going to use it. There was a Vincent Black Shadow that was auctioned off a few years ago, still in the crate and the price went thru the roof. Seems like the eventual owner cut a hole in the crate to create a "window" just to look at the beautiful engine in his living room or somewhere.
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-24-2002, 01:51 PM

Wink lookin' for the hook-up

If anyone else out there has a bike like this guy has and doesn't ride it, let me know. I can take it out on the weekends and rip into it, so that all of your buddies will think that you actually ride. I'll even drop it so that it really looks ridden. Let me know.
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-24-2002, 02:21 PM

How I would LOVE to take a power-plant out ---

---of a bunged up m/c with some reputation.
Then strip it down to nothing, polish it here, blacken it there & finally end up with a beautiful LOOKING powerplant, but not a spot of oil in it or smelling from it.
Then have header pipes coming out of it in what ever fashion they were, at the time, but shortened to just the 12 to 24" length.
This would be the IDEAL MANTEL PIECE & outdo a stuffed fish on wood, or stuffed wild animal or fowl.
Just think if you stumbled across a very popular power-plant of the mid-30s, or a Harley KR, Triumph Tiger 100, Douglas Plus 90, lst of the Honda fours, Indian 4 in- line ---- it could be anything & it would not need anything INSIDE --- just a shell, but in honesty shot pistons, crank & such though (with a LOT OF CLEARANCE) would still be best as one could rotate the power-plant.
I keep on thinking I might do this to my '87 Yamaha TZR-250 in the future.
Would you not mind forking out a grand or two for a mantel piece something like that? I know one can make money in doing the above & why no one has cashed in on it, is beyond me. You could have a ball in in a m/c junk yard.
I know of some chaps that have complete bikes of the 50s sitting in their living room & polished to the max.
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-24-2002, 04:40 PM
Lifetime Premium

Ya know, everytime I read a story about a squid, he's got an R1. What a coincedence. I'm a squid - ride an R1 and you can't help it. I'll also shred just about anyone I know in the twisties and I wear gear.

OK - I'm done venting, but it does get old.

Fairing repair / Plastic Welding / Gas Tank Repair / Fabrication and Customization
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or s3sportbikes.com
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-24-2002, 05:34 PM

Aww, shut up squid!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode