Worst thing done to a cage? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-22-2002, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

Talking Worst thing done to a cage?

What's the worst thing that you've done to a cage in anger? I've heard stories of people throwing spark plugs, to metal pellets at their windows, I want to hear yours.

A month ago, this cage almost ran me off the road, he swerved into my lane literally inches away from me. I was fuming when he got to the next stoplight, I rode next to him then kicked his door in as hard as I could. I'm not sure if I dented it, I didn't stay long enough to check.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-22-2002, 07:46 PM

Wink

I was saw some old guy in a Honda Accord nearly kill a Rider on a GSXR750. The driver wasn't paying any attention, and the rider had to really work at not getting hit. Once he was clear of the car, he backed off, then flew by at a good 100mph, punching the passenger-side mirror. The thing didn't break off the car, it disintegrated. I'm willing to bet the old guy watched for bikes a little better from then on.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-23-2002, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mikey1
Once he was clear of the car, he backed off, then flew by at a good 100mph, punching the passenger-side mirror. The thing didn't break off the car, it disintegrated.
So that's why there are big carbon fiber chunks in the knuckles of my gloves...

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-23-2002, 09:12 AM

wouldn't that kinda break your hand? you shoulda waited to get up at a stop light and pull out a knife and slash the tire or better yet follow them where they are going.

Last edited by kismet_710; 06-23-2002 at 09:14 AM.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-23-2002, 03:16 PM

I don't know what kind of gloves the guy was wearing, but I can only assume they were some kind of serious carbon-fiber armored deals. All I can say is that was one of the damndest things I have ever seen. I think the old guy about shit his pants.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-25-2002, 12:03 AM

Send a message via AIM to ga_skyline_rydr Send a message via Yahoo to ga_skyline_rydr
The cagers are coming the cagers are coming, and they are going to kill us all,lol. Maybe not all together true but ride carefully maybe thinking that way. I suppose I should get those kind of gloves for better protection against senile cagers.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-25-2002, 10:57 AM

Take out soapbox...

I don't know about most of you guys, but I will add this:

I am one of us, so I am constantly watching out for bikes. In traffic situations, when I am in my car I will put myself between mini-vans filled with mom and the kids and other obviously distracted drivers, so they don't wind up swiping the biker. Even so, I am occasionally suprised by some asshole on a sportbike (less often a cruiser) who thinks he owns ever open inch of asphalt on the road. Lord help the guy who takes a run at me in my car, or even worse- my wife if I am with her, because in his perception I was not looking out for him. And I would think twice about trying to make a run myself after being nearly nailed on my bike. Permits to carry are pretty common around here, and cars themselves make pretty good weapons. Not to mention the roads are not real conducive to making a getaway.

This is not a defense of people who drive cars. Most of them are idiots. I treat every one of them like they are out to kill me because that is the best way for me to not get dead. However, we have a tendency to place blame almost automatically with the cage. I would venture a guess and say that most of the guys on sportbikes would either fall into the "squid" category, or don't ride with anyone but themselves in mind. Like it or not, we are small and hard to see, we ride fast, and usually don't follow established rules (i.e. passing on the right). Riding a bike is a risk. It is not up to mom in the minivan to be constantly looking out for us. It's the other way around.

OK, soapbox is put away now.

Don't try to keep up with my life, you'll only get hurt.

-Mike
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-25-2002, 11:23 AM

The story: Was waiting in line with all the other cars to make a left hand turn at a stop light. When my turn came to turn I just happened to notice something to my left and saw that a full size van had decided not to wait and crossed over the double yellow line and went into on coming traffic to make his turn. If I hadn't glanced over to at the last second, I would have tuned smack into the middle of the side of his van. I managed to avoid him and the cars he almost ran me into.
The retalliation: I wasn't sure if he had some emergency and was in a hurry to get somewhere, so I didn't take my anger out right away. Instead I followed him and saw that he casually drove the rest of the way to his apartment and got out of his van and gave me the finger. Rather than cause a scene and have the cops called, I simply drove on and waited till the weekend rolled around. Then I cruised over there to his apt. complex and dumped paint thinner all over the hood and sides of his van.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-25-2002, 03:23 PM

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-25-2002, 06:17 PM

*craps my pants* man and I thought I got angry at people. Personally I think that was goin a lil too far. Some guys might be total jerks on the road but somethings need to be avoided when it comes to retaliation. The jerk might have a poor wife or kid who might of felt his heat after knowing what you did to his van. either way it's still funny AS HELL!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode