What I've learned on SBW! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2002, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

What I've learned on SBW!

Almost everybody defends Harleys.
Dont state your opinion unless it's the same as everyone elses.
Dont try to sell your bike,no matter what model it is for more than $800.00, because a bike with over 5k is wore out.
Be a perfect law abiding citizen that never speeds or does wheelies.
When I first found this site, I thought I'd found my home, but now I'm starting to wonder. Are there anymore diehard sportbike riders left?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2002, 10:32 AM

Things have gotten a bit conservative around here lately!!

All the people screaming that a 600 as a first bike is like learning to skydive without a parachute- sure death. Starting to bug me.

And as far as the bike you're selling- I just did a 5 second search for the 97 gix 750 on cycle trader and 4500 is in the lower 1/3rd of asking prices so I'd say the milage is acounted for in your asking price and you'll find someone to buy it near that price unless you're in a hurry.

Still the best site on the net but some people have gotten a bit too PC at times. Lighten up everyone.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2002, 10:39 AM

Glad this is an education al experience for you.

You're right about the pc part, but welcome to the society that the collective "we" have created.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2002, 11:19 AM

wouldn't a diehard sportbike rider be someone who drives on the street during the day and then races on the weekend on a track with a race prepped bike? if so there are plenty of them here. not me yet though, I understand where your coming from about the speeding when I was younger like 15-17 I did much of it, then I hit 19 and realized that street racing is more for kids and not worth the risk.

about the harleys, we defend them because it not worth starting flame wars. the more of us there are on 2 wheels the better our stats look period, no arguing over style. its like caddys and corvettes, which would you want, but you like both right?

about your bike, I never believed miles make or break a vehicle. but if your going to try and sell it on a site where you brag about how hard you run it then of caorse they are ging to give you like $800 for it. put in on cycle trader with a picture and you'll get 3500-4500 for it, good luck
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2002, 07:01 PM

Talking

Harleys still suck...
I have over 23000 on my ride and it's not for sale unless I find some sucker to give me $5000.00 for the ol' girl.
I don't do wheelies but speed when necessary....
Relax buddy,life is too short for you to get so uptight about this kinda [email protected]!!!
Ride and ride intense if you want to,but,ride smart!! Enjoy,okay!!??!!

JIM
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2002, 11:27 PM

I wouldn't worry about it. The large number of people currently on this site( over 17000 last time I looked) will tend to mirror society as a whole. People will run the gamut from PC to slightly deranged, and they will act accordingly, each to their own mindset. I've seen alot of people on SBW who's love of bikes goes way back. That's what drew me here. The fact that some people don't like something that was said or done just sounds like life to me. Ride On! Ride everyday! Ride in the rain! Just ride! To me it's all about the bikes!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode