tickets...can you wiggle out of them? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-21-2002, 01:50 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs down tickets...can you wiggle out of them?

I'm a pretty respectible looking guy, for a middle aged slob, and I'm extrememly polite to officers of the law. That said, I have NEVER gotten a warning. If I'm pulled over, I get a ticket. I have a buddy who has been pulled over more than 10 times in the past few years, and he hasn't gotten a ticket ONCE. **** him .

He's uglier than I am, but I sure ain't no Tom Cruise, so I doubt the cops want to spank me for being a pretty boy. And I've been pulled over for 78 in a 55, 70 in a 60, and 55 in a 40 in the past year (all in pickup trucks, fer christ sakes) and I've gotten the ticket every time.

So...are you like my buddy or are you like me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-21-2002, 03:26 AM

I also have a problem with the law, but it does not seem to be speeding yet-running red lights. Notice a said lights and not light. S#%t happens!
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-21-2002, 07:30 AM

I am like you....very seldom get warnings.....

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-21-2002, 03:02 PM

I've never been handed a warning either, but considering the vehicles I drive, and my long hair hippie look, I'm not suprised. If I get pulled over at night my car is usally searched for drugs too. so far I just have 4 barely over the limit speeding tickets.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-21-2002, 06:23 PM

My personal record is three times in five days, all different cops and two different cars, I got out of two of them after going to court and the third I could have had it been a different judge, of the two town judges for this particular ticket that I would have gone before I pulled the bitch who doesn't care for speeding and likes to make it stick, if I had done my research I would have delayed the trial until I got the judge that was a member of the SCCA and would've let me off, I have never had a whole lot of trouble on any bikes and the police are sometimes cool, except the time that I was riding my EX250 to a picknik and five cop cars ran me off the road and boxed me in thinking that I was someone else.

Never plead guilty to a ticket, and don't expect any warnings because they have to meet a quota, but when it goes to trial it don't matter and they are generaly cool about it then, because it is pretty much a road tax.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-21-2002, 09:26 PM

Well I used to get warnings all the time. Between the time that I was 16 and when I turned 18 I was pulled over 6 times and all of them were just verbal warnings. But ever since 18 I have had a ticket each time I was pulled over fortunately there have only been 3 times...

Lately I have just been getting those photo radar tickets and unless I get one from the anal cities I just ignore them because only 2 towns actually hunt you down around here.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-22-2002, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lt.Gustl
...I was riding my EX250 to a picknik and five cop cars ran me off the road and boxed me in thinking that I was someone else.
Wonder what that's like, mustuv' been fun.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-24-2002, 02:01 AM

back in '97, I moved to LA. I got five tickets in the first two months I was there. That tends to put you into another frame of mind. Since then, I mostly get warnings unless it is so blatent<sp> of a infraction that the nice officer has no choice but to site me.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-24-2002, 09:28 AM

Ask Kevlar about wiggling out of tickets. He's the pro around here.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-24-2002, 01:04 PM

Seems like I get a ticket every time. I think I've gotten 1 warning, and that's when I actually deserved it. Last week, I got pulled over and ticketed for something I didn't even do. Now I have to find a lawyer and find out the ins and outs of Lidar (some kind of laser, but without the sight).

Oh well...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode