No Liscence ! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2002, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

No Liscence !

Ok people, first thing I'd like to say is that I AM AN IDIOT !

I lost my liscence on friday, actually it was taken away from me by the friendly police of my town. I'm screwed! I don't know what to do now. My beuatiful new bike is just something to look at now that I can't ride it until next June (1 year suspension ) I need to go to court to get the 1 year suspension so I might get off the charge still, but I doubt I will.

Now let me ask a question.... Can I go to the tracks without a liscence? I'm sure I'll be able to get into the drag strip near me but I've never been on a road course so I don't know if they ask for a liscence or not. I'm thinking about selling my truck and getting an offroad bike so I can still ride while my liscence is gone. I just need to do some riding, so if anybody has any ideas just let me know.

P.S. NO ! YOU CAN'T BORROW MY BIKE WHILE MY LISCENCE IS SUSPENDED ! ! ( it's modification season for the next year)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2002, 03:30 PM

How?

How did you get a 1 year suspension? If it was for something like evading the police or drunk driving I can see how it would be hard to fight. But if it was for something like speeding or reckless driving or racing you may be able to get out of it by hiring a lawyer. personally I have a lawyer represent me every time I get a ticket. And so far all 2 of them have been revoked. Anyway get a lawyer and you might do OK.

And most track days around here (WA) do require a license.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2002, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

Ok....I'll admit it , it was for Blood Alcohol Level exceeding the legal limit. I decided to drive my truck home after a night at the bars. Since It was a while since my last drink I figured I was good enough to drive. I was wrong....VERY wrong...Too late now but I can think of a million ways I could have prvented the charge, but the best way would have been to walk home.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2002, 04:40 PM

I would think most tracks would let you on, just depends on who's running the track day I guess?? Only one way to find out and that's to find out who runs the track days in your area and ask them.

I think 1 of my 3 track days involved checking my license but whether it was required or not I'm not sure. The other 2 I don't remember ever showing it.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2002, 04:50 PM

No trackday I've ever been to repuires a license.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2002, 05:04 PM

lesson learned

I've been there done that..I learned that lesson the hardway also!! Stupidest mistake I've ever made in my life, but I am prone to learning life's little lesson's the hard way! Sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation, 1 yr is a long time with no L's..Just remember that it happened all for a reason..ANd to give you some advice, GET A LAWYER!! DUI's aren't something you can fight yourself, he may be able to get it knocked down to 6mnths or less, depending on what your states laws are. Good luck in court..
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2002, 05:44 PM

Not that I have had that problem yet (lucky/smart, whatever) I have had a few friends that did. One was in indiana and aparently the case actually got LOST, as in someone misplaced the paperwork. It has been 4 years since he was pulled over and he has not heard word one about it. Lucky bastard.

Other than that, the other guys got lawyers, and all I can say is DEFINITELY, GET A LAWYER!! They can work wonders for you, of course they work wonders for your bank account too, but I would rather go into debt fighting a DUI than have a DUI.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2002, 08:11 PM

Without question get a lawyer -----

------ see if there is some way of getting the DL back or at least reduced.
From what I understand you should be able to race, or drag the bike at the legit places, BUT you will need someeone to transport bike & you there & back. Same thing if you get a dirt bike --- you will need someone to get you to the terrain & back again. ALSO you will NOT be able to use the gravel roads or even cross them (that includes any road that is named or classed as a public road) for that is the same as illegally riding a m/c on the road. I know for I was hit with 6 months & it really hurts.
Obviously this sentence is more then you realize, so DEFINATELY get a lawyer.
In future law off the booze!!!!!
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-17-2002, 06:15 AM Thread Starter

From what I have read online about Ontario law, I will not be able to get the suspension reduced at all, there's only 2 ways for me to go which is guilty or not guilty. I get 1 year suspension or no suspension, there is no reasoning with the law here. In my case I was basically caught red handed so I think I will just plead guilty but I will talk to a lawyer first for advice. If I plead innocent, the court date will be a long way away so if they find me guilty then the suspension will start from that date on. So if a lawyer doesn't think I will win, I will just plead guilty and start the 1 year suspension ASAP instead of waiting 6 months because the courts are so backed up.(that would make my suspension 1.5 years if you didn't understand the way I worded it... sorry)

Hey Smitty ! I'll find a ride to the track for me and my bike. It might be hard but it's my only hope.
Oh and I plan on never driving with alcohol in my system ever again.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-17-2002, 08:17 AM

Sort of understand your position.

Back in June '77 I was hit with Dangerous Driving (Criminal Offence), yet the RCMP Constable called to help block from my home town area realized I was a decent citizen in his town, a h/gun director-instructor, & coach of the Amateur Wrestling Team that had been doing so well in the past 10 yrs. So he took the responsibility of me going to the other city for finger-printing, mug shots & appearing at court.
It was September that the court was open for my lawyer & self. Even that had been delayed once they realized I was coming in with a lawyer & brought in a cop loving magistrate so with all the errors upon the RCMP they could not loose.
So do let us know the final outcome of this mess you are in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode