Its hard not to sterotype - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-14-2002, 06:08 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
Talking Its hard not to sterotype

Im on my way back home today in the rain. When what do i come upon but three cruizers(later found to be harleys). Im wearing my rain gear, they on the other hand are wearing t-shirts(as are their B.O.B's). I was just gonna stop behind them but they motioned for me to come up. So i ride up, and flip up my shield. The harley guy leans over and yells "wheres the nearest bar". Im about a quarter mile from my house so i tell him to follow me and i'll show them( yeah i know where it is, so what). We ride down the road a little ways and stop outside the bar. One of the guys is so happy with the short trip he offers to buy me a round. I just grinned and told him thanks but no thanks, i gotta get going. We extange "take it easy"'s, and i get on my merry way.
Who ever said that all harley guys drink and ride?

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-14-2002, 06:31 PM

oh be careful what you say about harleys on here, everybody raises hell on me for cussing harleys and their riders.

I love harley davidson and everything they stand for.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-15-2002, 08:06 AM

I my self cant stand Harley riders. They all seem to give me dirty looks and always have a comment to make about riding a "real bike". I know i should give them the benefit of the doubt but in my exp. most have been [email protected]# holes.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-15-2002, 09:37 AM

It's hit and miss with me. Half wave and half don't acknowledge you. I commute in gear (helmet, gloves, boots, jacket, etc) and on weekend rides, I'm in full leathers, I do get strange looks, but I get that from a lot of T-shirt, shorts and sandals squids too.

As for the drinking thing, I worked in a restaurant recently and every day I'd see Harley guys come in, pound down 3 or 4 beers, then hop on with their nasty ho's and ride off. They weren't getting racious or beligerent or anything, but I just don't get how you can swig beer and operate a 800lb bike.

There are very few Harley riders I've met.... (actually, now that I think about it, I know of exactly NONE) that ride in proper gear and actually know anything about motorcycling (other than Harley culture and Pan Heads and Leaky Heads, whatever...)

Oh, and if one of those $##$#ers gives you any crap about what a "real" biker is, ask them how much they actually ride their little pampered trailer queens. I see more Harley's on trailers and trucks than on the road.

I ride over 16,000 miles per year on my Kawi ZR-7. I don't need a fat, tassled, beer swilling, close-minded, "loud pipes save lives", illegal scull-cap helmet wearing MOFO to tell me what a real biker is or is not.

Emrah
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-15-2002, 12:51 PM

If it was back in the late 40s --------

------ I wonder what most of you would be riding?
There were Harleys, Indians & a few Brit irons plus a rare bike from the Continent.
Come to think of it, how many of you would actually be riding??
Ah yes this was in the times when Harley people & Indian people hated each other, but in a while the increase of Brit irons so Harley & Indian joined togeather to hate riders of Brit irons & so the reverse from the none Harley/Indian riders. So it sounds like the same over & over again FOR you must remember what we thought of the stupid little 50 to 90cc Japanese pieces of crap.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-15-2002, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
Re: If it was back in the late 40s --------

Quote:
Originally posted by Smitty
------ I wonder what most of you would be riding?
There were Harleys, Indians & a few Brit irons plus a rare bike from the Continent.
Come to think of it, how many of you would actually be riding??
Ah yes this was in the times when Harley people & Indian people hated each other, but in a while the increase of Brit irons so Harley & Indian joined togeather to hate riders of Brit irons & so the reverse from the none Harley/Indian riders. So it sounds like the same over & over again FOR you must remember what we thought of the stupid little 50 to 90cc Japanese pieces of crap.
/me points away from smitty and says "hey look, there goes the point". Last time i checked it wasn't the 40's.

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-15-2002, 02:10 PM

Well even though I am no fan of harley's I think we al know our fair share of sportbike riders that may of had a couple and then when out riding.....I myself am as close to a non drinker as you can get.
As for the attire well I would be guilty as charged I was caught on memorial day in the rain wearing a T shirt,shorts and sneakers.
Around here I would say you will see more Harley guys wearing there Leather than anybody on any other bike.......trust me it pains me to say that because I hate Harleys and all that they stand for nowadays
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-17-2002, 07:22 PM

Unhappy

Last year my wife and I were on a run. It's one of the largest in our region. There have been upwards of 5 thousand bikes the last several years. It's a little of everything. Cruisers Harley & metric, dual sports and sportbikes. At the first stop the bikes separate according to types. The Harley guys usually head to the bar. The sportbikes go down the road & put on an impressive wheelie display. There was one particular old cranky and drunk Harley guy MF'ing the guys for riding wheelies up the street. After a few minutes everyone begins to leave. We got about three miles down the road when everything came to a stand still. There were bikes backed up 2 miles and in the distance there was smoke and obvious signs that something had gone terribly wrong. The police cars and emergency vehicles began to pass us heading toward the accident. One Harley rider who was under the influence drifted across the double line on the curve and into the path of an oncomming Expedition. The guy laid the bike down at the last minute. However, the SUV had nowhere to go. He ran over the bike. This shot him into the path of the main pack of bikes. He ended up hitting the father of the rider who caused the initial accident. The father was stuffed up underneath the SUV and killed instantly. In all there was one person killed and 4 injured seriously.

The moral of the true story. Acting like an ass on a bike regardless of the type is dangerous. Drinking and riding is a death sentence
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode