having problems/ funny story - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-14-2002, 02:34 AM Thread Starter

having problems/ funny story

my first problem is how in the hell do you get drive thru food????
when it gets about 1:00 am and i feel the need to run to the border(taco bell to those with out tv ) i just cant figure out a way of getting my nachos and pop home with out droping them on the way home. serious help please these munchies are killing me!!!!
also i was at work a couple days ago driving around and i saw this kid ( i live in omaha and council bluffs iowa is just like ten minutes away) and i just had to laugh. as for those of you who dont know iowa has no helmet laws and nebraska does, but iowa has a strict seat belt law..go figure . any ways this kid was doing like seventy over this bridge and just as he got to the iowa side he started taking his helmet off while riding doing 70mph so he takes it off and puts his arm thru the bottem and out the front and keeps going with his helmet on his arm. iwas either wondering if his brain was in his elbow or how completly stupid this kid was. i just dont get it. also i was talking to this other guy from somewhere(i work at a hotel) about helmets and he said he doesnt wear them around town because of lack of vision and that you will probly survive a 35mph crash.
i just wanted to open up the door on the van i was driving and throw him out just to show him. damn why are some people so anal about helmets . sorry i know im beating a dead horse on posts about helmets but im really conscerned about the whole taco bell thing

there's hope in the words and emotion in the eyes
it's so easy to be misled by the savvy gentle guise
and like fools we trust the delivery
but it's all just drunk sincerity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-14-2002, 05:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
Heres the only help i can offer, if this still applies to the bell.
Nachos come in a little paper bag, and the cheese comes in a seperate container right? And if you're like me, you wont buy just one order of nachos(i can imagine a kid with "resident fat kid" under his name buying just one). I need like 3 or 4. First thing is you need a backback. Second thing is, just forget the pop. Those big cups and cheap lids are dying to spill. Id just get 2 big ziplock bags, put the cups of cheese in one, and the chips in the other.Then proceed to put those in a tupperwear container. It might seem like overkill, but do you really want that cheese all over the place? Thats the best i can come up with

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-14-2002, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

tippman you are wise beyond your years . and megaman was one of the greatest games ever. just could never beat the gemini twins

there's hope in the words and emotion in the eyes
it's so easy to be misled by the savvy gentle guise
and like fools we trust the delivery
but it's all just drunk sincerity

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-15-2002, 03:24 AM

Make an extra stop.

I don't go for taco bell myself but I do buy sub sandwitches. Basically just make an extra trip for the pop. Go to the supermarket and get a 2-litre and then toss it in the bottom of the backpack with the sub sandwitch on top in it's plactic bag.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-15-2002, 10:27 AM
jrm

Pick yourself an appropriately sized cardboard or plasic box and glue some magnets on the bottom. Pop that baby on your tank and go order whatever you like. Put in tall-sided box and ride off.

Go riding with your Syncrotech helmet and flip up the faceshield when you want to take a few bites.

Tape a can in the corner for a cup-holder.

This would also hold "sand-wizards"...
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-15-2002, 01:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
Quote:
Originally posted by phatkidwit1eye
tippman you are wise beyond your years . and megaman was one of the greatest games ever. just could never beat the gemini twins
Glad to help. And yeah those twins were tough. Im gettin in the mood to play now

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-15-2002, 05:00 PM

Not to sound like a smartass but thats what a car is good for.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-15-2002, 05:52 PM

I live in NY (helmets required) but work in CT (helmets optional) and used to see that alot, but haven't seen it in a while, and at the last big bike meet I went to almost all of the riders were sporting lids, even HD guys with full faces, although it was overcast and threatening to rain,

you should ask those types if they are as talented at putting their helmets on as they are taking them off, while they are just about to slide into something,

I often stuff Taco Bell into my jacket which is a First Gear Kilamanjaro and has enough room in it for a good size order, W/O the drink which I substitute with something else, but you might have less room in your jacket.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2002, 01:06 PM

I have an old canvas bag that I strap to the rear of the bike. I take my lunch to work, pickup gallons of milk, whatever. As long as you carefully position the strap you're cool. Looks a bit dorky, but who cares.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2002, 01:14 PM

I never wear any of my protective gear, I just keep it in a backpack. When I think I am about to crash, I take off my sandals and put them in the tank bag (they are expensive and I don't want them to get damaged) and then put the leather pants on over my shorts. Next I put my jacket on and as I am flying through the air I affix the lid and cinch up my gloves just prior to touchdown. Haven't had any problems yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode