Can the Harley bashers come up with a new line? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

Can the Harley bashers come up with a new line?

The oil leak thing is getting tired. My 01 Deuce as 13k miles and has never leaked a drop. Granted, old Harleys leak. But I'm just so tired of this leaky oil POS crap I read. Just to show I'm not too biased I also own a new CBR F4i and a 01 XR650R. Give it a rest guys! Flame suit is on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 10:43 AM

I dont know if you've ever heard this joke, it's one of those 'fill in the line' jokes that you can rip on Ford or Harley!

It's too long for the whole thing, but:

The Horse and the chicken are walking
the horse falls in quicksand
the chicken get the farmers new Harley and pulls out the horse
later, the chicken falls in the quicksand
the horse just steps over the quicksand hole and the chicken grabs the horses 'manhood' and is pulled to safety

Moral: You dont need a Harley if you've already got a big D***

~One of my classic favorites
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 10:51 AM

BTW, Welcome Deuce! and since your on the fence here, may I ask you a question...

Why do Harley riders hate Metric Cruisers? Is it cuz they think they copy Harley? (about as tired as the oil dig) or cuz they feel that since the Metric costs so much less its not 'worthy'? or what?

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 11:14 AM

i know at less 8 to 10 harley riders that i call friends. out of that group, theres only 1 hogley rider that his bike don't leak or isn't broke down. because it's newer about a 98 or 99. and he brought it new $19,000 . the others, some they built themselfs some are pre 80's. and all i hear is i need a new drive belt, i got to fix the leak in my oil pan, etc....... the oil leak thing is old to you. hell i'm a union worker who ride a japanese super sportbike. or as my union hogley brothers would call it, jap crap, riceburner, facefirst bike, poor mans toy, suicycle, etc........ i have nothing against hogley's, i just don't like them. some of them are pretty and sound cool, but their crusiers. i love sportbikes, when someone in america make a sportbike that can go 180+ mph for under $11,000 and weigh less than 430 pounds i'll buy one.
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by HondaNut!
BTW, Welcome Deuce! and since your on the fence here, may I ask you a question...

Why do Harley riders hate Metric Cruisers? Is it cuz they think they copy Harley? (about as tired as the oil dig) or cuz they feel that since the Metric costs so much less its not 'worthy'? or what?
I don't know really. Alot of these folks just hate everything not Harley. Most won't wave back at me... I think because I use a full face helmet. I guess that's not cool. I like bikes of all kinds. If it has two wheels and a motor I want to ride it!!!
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 12:38 PM

ive been around harleys for a long time. and some leak and some dont. the newer ones dont and the older ones do some times. my pops just sold his 76 shovel headand the only thing that leaked oil was out of the over flow tube or i think thats what it's called. it's just due to lack of riding b/c from what ive heard there is a check valve in there that when it sits too long it gets cloged with crud and doesnt open up and then fills up the tube so when you turn it on it pucks out oil. none the less i think that the harley davidson stealerships are a bunch of criminals all my pops wants is a a new bike since he's never owned anything new and those bastards are askin close to 4000 to 5000 over msrp and expect people to pay it what a bunch of bs. i dont hate the bikes but i hate the rich people only bikes that harley is turning out to be. i could see paying alot for a really high tec good preforming bike but to pay that much for a old engine and a bunch of crome is beyond me. i say make fun of the yuppie harley guys talk shit about the harley davidson stealerships and the corporation but leave some of the die hard riders alone they love to ride just as much as we do

there's hope in the words and emotion in the eyes
it's so easy to be misled by the savvy gentle guise
and like fools we trust the delivery
but it's all just drunk sincerity
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 01:08 PM

Thumbs up

Very good post Phatkid
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 01:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by phatkidwit1eye
ive been around harleys for a long time. and some leak and some dont. the newer ones dont and the older ones do some times. my pops just sold his 76 shovel headand the only thing that leaked oil was out of the over flow tube or i think thats what it's called. it's just due to lack of riding b/c from what ive heard there is a check valve in there that when it sits too long it gets cloged with crud and doesnt open up and then fills up the tube so when you turn it on it pucks out oil. none the less i think that the harley davidson stealerships are a bunch of criminals all my pops wants is a a new bike since he's never owned anything new and those bastards are askin close to 4000 to 5000 over msrp and expect people to pay it what a bunch of bs. i dont hate the bikes but i hate the rich people only bikes that harley is turning out to be. i could see paying alot for a really high tec good preforming bike but to pay that much for a old engine and a bunch of crome is beyond me. i say make fun of the yuppie harley guys talk shit about the harley davidson stealerships and the corporation but leave some of the die hard riders alone they love to ride just as much as we do
I hear ya!
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 07:09 PM

Re: Can the Harley bashers come up with a new line?

Quote:
Originally posted by Deuce
The oil leak thing is getting tired. My 01 Deuce as 13k miles and has never leaked a drop. Granted, old Harleys leak. But I'm just so tired of this leaky oil POS crap I read. Just to show I'm not too biased I also own a new CBR F4i and a 01 XR650R. Give it a rest guys! Flame suit is on.

nothing against hogley davidson's . but what else did you expect from a SPORTBIKE WEB SITE .............

I REFUSE TO TIPTOE THROUGH LIFE,
JUST TO ARRIVE SAFELY AT DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by DarkmanTy; 06-11-2002 at 07:27 PM.
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 08:21 PM

this is sportbike world, probably not going to get much praise on a hardly runningson here. I hate every harley ever made, dont care if it leaks oil or not. If i ever have one, id have to have two one to sh*t on and the other to cover it up with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode