First Ride with A Group Tonight - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2002, 12:31 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up First Ride with A Group Tonight

Well, I finally made my way out to the local sportbike hangout to ride with the guys. Man, what a BLAST! i was a bit apprehensive at first; not because of my skills, but because I've never ridden in a group before. There were about 35 bikes or so (which tapered off as the night wore on), but I hung towards the back because I've never ridden with any of these guys. Manged to go ALL OVER THE PLACE in the surrounding areas; and even found some roads I never knew existed.

A bit of excitement about an hour into the ride. We had just finished running through some "middle of nowhere" twisties when we banged a U-ey and headed back for more of the same. Us folk in the back of the pack were probably clicking along at around 50-60mph or so. Well, we're cruising down a long straight when I notice/hear everyone taking off in front of me. At that same moment, through my earplugs and helmet, I hear distant "weee.............wwweeeeooooooooo" (my siren effect). I looked back because i wasn't about to run if Johnny was on my 6. I saw no cop, but could still hear him.

At this point, it was me and one other guy stuck in the doldrums of "To run, or not to run". We opted to run. Seeing how we still couldn't see the cop. We sliced through the twisties, and up in the distance we could see all the other guys. Finally we arrive at an intersection that was IN NO WAY familiar to us. A guy on a Gixxer rolls up and asks "Dude, where the f*ck are we"? I had no idea, but I could still hear the siren WAY in the distance. He finally said "Man, we have to go somewhere". So I took the lead (insert superman music here) and headed out. About a mile up the road at an intesection waiting to turn left, we see the rest of the group...ROCK ON. We met up at a gas station and everyone was giving me and guy behind me props for hanging in there.

The coolest thing was it was me and a guy named Mark on a Kawasaki 250 ninja! He must have rode the piss out of that thing but he was right there with us. pretty impressive. in my book; a perfect example of how a good rider can do just as good or better than a guy on a bigger bike.

We finally go out to a remote industrial district, and after some guys rode around, and verified no cops were around on their chatterbox, some stunting began. I, however, was perfectly content with just sittin' back and enjoying the show. Some really cool sh*t. But I would never do it.

Some 'Fast and the Furious" cars showed up and ran against each other; which was interesting. There were also some yuppie guys in a SCHWEET Porsche 911; but didn't want to run with any of the Civics, Acuras, etc... claiming "I don't want to waste my gas". We razzed them about being skeert they were going to get beat by a Civic......then they left.

SORRY for the long post, I just had a blast tonight. hell, I didn't get back until about 2:15am.....

I won't post one this long again...I promise...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2002, 10:54 AM

Good read, LOL
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2002, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

Come to find out, the reason I never saw the cop was because he was In FRONT OF US! Our group was so spread out that he gave chase to the guys half way all the way up to the front. After talking to some guys at a gas station, they said the cop pulled a Beauford T. Justice and almost/nearly jumped when he went over a hill with some RR tracks. They said all they saw was sparks shootin' everywhere.

It's this reason that I'm glad I wasn't "running", so to speak, at 130 +, and smashing into a tree while running from a cop that was in front of me.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2002, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Knight of Ni

It's this reason that I'm glad I wasn't "running", so to speak, at 130 +, and smashing into a tree while running from a cop that was in front of me.
That's got to be the first time someone on an ex250 CHASED a cop!!!!!!!!

ROTFLMAO

Sounds like something I'd do except I would be fast enough to catch the cop and get the ticket!!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2002, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

I wonder how the guy on the EX-250 was able to burn through the twisties on his square bicycle tires?.......What ever he did, it worked.

Good thing we didn't roll up on the cop in front of us...I would have thought we were surrounded.!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode