sportbike movie coming out? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-17-2002, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy sportbike movie coming out?

What is the name of the sportbike movie coming out this year or next? I heard about it a while back and cant remember.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-17-2002, 01:31 PM
Founder

Garage
http://www.14kthemovie.com

But it's still a few years away.

Production has not started, and last I heard they were having funding problems.

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-18-2002, 09:49 PM

Thumbs down

Just read the synopsis...what a gagger

It doesn't have to be fun to be "fun".

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-18-2002, 10:31 PM

I'd be happy if they would do something like Days of Thunder. They can do the stupid love story thing for the chicks as long as they have some good racing action too.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 12:54 PM

Okay...just read the synopsis...I really would love to see a movie about sportbikes, but for crying out loud, why does every movie made have to revolve around some sappy a$$ love story? And don't say it's for the chicks....I'm a girl and I'm not at all into "chick flicks"...but racing bikes....why even ruin it by trying to make it a chick flick? Hello...ACTION movie, or ROMANCE....hmmm.. "Ash" from army of darness did the best job of incorporating action and romance that I've ever seen. Oh, one other thing...I graduated from an Aeronautical University and when Top Gun came out..so did every other poser that could get their hands on a bomber jacket and some goofy glasses...do we really want to attract a squid fest to our sport and give us an even worse rap?? Well, that's just my opinion..
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 01:01 PM
elo

Unhappy Ick!

Imagine the movie Happy Gilmore. Now imagine that they substituted sportbikes for golf. That's the movie. Please spare us this cinematical travesty!
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-21-2002, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert
http://www.14kthemovie.com

But it's still a few years away.

Production has not started, and last I heard they were having funding problems.
Yes, it is a year or so away before they start production but the guy in charge of the whole thing has just secured some major funding.. the Woods race with us up at Loudon so we get to hear some of the goings-on.

I think all in all it will be a decent movie since no one has really tried to do something like this before with sportbikes. Of-course they are going to involve some kind-of "love story".. The Days of Thunder had a love story in it as well. I really can't think of any movie out there right now (unless it's a horror flick) that doesn't have some kind of romance in it. That's just the way our culture is.. if it doesn't have speed, romance, guns or drugs in it then the public is not interested in it... IMO
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-21-2002, 05:59 AM

You folks that don't think there should be a love story involved haven't been around racing enough. Holy shit, there is always some kind of BS love sick crap going on. The pit whores(aka groupies) keep some kind of shit stirred up all the damn time.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-21-2002, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by whiskeynicki
Okay...just read the synopsis...I really would love to see a movie about sportbikes, but for crying out loud, why does every movie made have to revolve around some sappy a$$ love story? And don't say it's for the chicks....I'm a girl and I'm not at all into "chick flicks"...but racing bikes....why even ruin it by trying to make it a chick flick? Hello...ACTION movie, or ROMANCE....hmmm.. "Ash" from army of darness did the best job of incorporating action and romance that I've ever seen. Oh, one other thing...I graduated from an Aeronautical University and when Top Gun came out..so did every other poser that could get their hands on a bomber jacket and some goofy glasses...do we really want to attract a squid fest to our sport and give us an even worse rap?? Well, that's just my opinion..

Gimme some sugar baby!

Without the chick flick crap, this movie will be an even bigger flop than otherwise.

John's right, without the pit whores like himself, racing wouldn't be racing.

Last edited by Rug Burn; 05-21-2002 at 09:37 AM.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-21-2002, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Rug Burn
...John's right, without the pit whores like himself, racing wouldn't be racing.
They make him wear the purple tele-tubbie outfit.

It doesn't have to be fun to be "fun".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode