How much does the Speed channel suck? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-05-2002, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs down How much does the Speed channel suck?

I have a house full of friends watching the live Superbike races from Sonoma and out of no where the races are cut off so the Speed Channel can show highlights of some completed Nas-shit-car race. The announcer says we can view the Superbike race at 9:00 PM thiis evening. Well fu*k you. The Speed Channel needs to call itself just what it is, the Nas -shit -car Channel. Normally things don't bother me but this really pisses me off. I guess we found out how imporatant the bike fans are. Time to send the Speed Channel some emails?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-05-2002, 12:43 PM
Founder

Garage
https://www.sportbikeworld.com/forums...threadid=22082

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-06-2002, 02:28 AM

I have noticed they like to show NAP-CAR a lot. They would probably run it 24/7 if they could. I would tune for two-wheel Tuesdays and would always catch some more NAP-CAR.
I do not watch Speed Vision/SPEED channel anymore.

If you want to watch "American only" cars go around an oval 250 times... Tune in!
If you want a real race, you will have to buy a ticket and see it live.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2002, 03:12 PM

How much does suck Speed Channel?

Alot sometimes, but it's better then the alternative.....which is nothing!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 06:45 PM

Re: How much does the Speed channel suck?

Quote:
Originally posted by Thunderheart
I have a house full of friends watching the live Superbike races from Sonoma and out of no where the races are cut off so the Speed Channel can show highlights of some completed Nas-shit-car race. The announcer says we can view the Superbike race at 9:00 PM thiis evening. Well fu*k you. The Speed Channel needs to call itself just what it is, the Nas -shit -car Channel.
It's all about the ratings and the advertising dollars. Like NASCAR or hate it, that's where the money is at. So I can understand the shift in emphasis more to NASCAR as the cost of doing business, though I don't like it. But cutting into a live Superbike race for NASCAR highlights is way over the top.

I'm of the same opinion voiced here, Speed sucks sometimes, but where else on TV can 'ya watch a bike race these days ? I happen to like Speed, but the repetitive NASCAR programming, the 7th replay of the same stages of the Cyprus Rally, etc., time to turn it off.

Last edited by old squid; 05-14-2002 at 08:53 PM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 09:29 PM

the nascar shit does suck, but i do agree it is stil the only channel i can watch any bike racing on
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2002, 09:38 AM

I don't give a damn as long as they keep me in on the WRC... Team Subaru is suckin ass this yr though, damn Peugot's.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2002, 10:01 PM
jrm

So, I have a friend over to watch the Argetina rallye tonight and they cut it to go to NASCAR for half an hour. Blows.

I really do not like that, but there seems to be no other televised option. Prior to WRC, there was some spectacular racing from Road Atlanta with Duhamel, Hayden, Yates and Bostrom performing some crazy passing. Wouldn't get to see that any other place.

Set the VCR, record for an hour longer than planned and fast forward over the NASCAR stuff. Or stop at the end of the NASCAR race to see them all stack it up...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode