man, i cant believe it...i just came in from - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-29-2002, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

man, i cant believe it...i just came in from

the gixxer.com site...theres some guys over there praising neon lights on their bike..talking about how the best way to hook em up..i thought it was a joke, i gave em hell..said angel hair in the fenders and 10 speed bike wheels and tires would look good too.. or a propeller on their helmet...man can anyone belive this??

this was on a gixxer site...bumb asses....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-29-2002, 06:39 PM

Next it'll be a furred banana seat and an orange flag flying behind it.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-29-2002, 09:00 PM

neons do look pretty trick, and alot of people here in the pittsburgh area do have them on their bikes.....it makes you stand out and at times can be a little squidish, but you gotta seperate your self from the rest sometimes ya know

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-29-2002, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

actually neons look pretty stupid...

i cant think of a more stupid thing to put on a bike..oh well i guess this is some of the stuff that makes the world go round..

anyone know where i can get a propeller fer my helmet??
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-30-2002, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by QuickCoCo1
neons do look pretty trick, and alot of people here in the pittsburgh area do have them on their bikes.....it makes you stand out and at times can be a little squidish, but you gotta seperate your self from the rest sometimes ya know
i imagine those are the folks who sit their bikes out in front of mario's in the southside, let the pretty girls sit on'm and play 'smack the rev limiter' in neutral. good thing they saved their neons from the last vehicle fad...minitrucks, or was it civics with spoilers?..oh i just can't keep up.

i might need to pick up some neons to finish the look of the old sabre when 'Tron' comes back into style.
http://www.tron-movie.com/images/index.htm

mike
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-05-2002, 04:39 PM

I ask myself, would I rather have neons or a harley or the clap and I just cant decide
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-05-2002, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sly10man
I ask myself, would I rather have neons or a harley or the clap and I just cant decide
The clap is easier to get rid of before any family or friends find out so I guess I'd have to go with 'the clap'.

More fun picking it up too!!
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-05-2002, 06:55 PM
Dad

Quote:
Originally posted by sly10man
I hear ya'. With the clap, it's just a big shot in the hip. For the other two, there's titles and wiring involved. Just some additional info. so you can make an informed decision.

Edit: Come to think of it, I know a guy who got the clap and there was wiring involved in that, too. This is just getting more confusing. Good luck.

Keeping the "Hap" in "Happy Holidays"!

Regime change begins at home.

Blind patriotism is worse than no patriotism.

Last edited by Dad; 06-05-2002 at 07:01 PM.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-05-2002, 07:04 PM

Question robert

A lot of females are decorating their bikes like Christmas tree's. So what!

I have a monkey on a spring on the back of my bike!
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-05-2002, 08:20 PM

I'd throw the money spent on making my bike a "ghetto-bike", on some performance stuff. I don't know what the neon costs, but any amount would be too much considering I'd yank it off after all the guys I ride with would make fun of me.

If you wanna stand out, learn how to RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!...and ride well. I would rather have a guy say "man, that guy can ride the piss out of that bike", than "man, neat neon".

I'd much rather be able to ride like Duhamel, Bostrom, Edwards, Nicky etc (although I doubt it will ever happen ) than have an equivelant of a '90's mini-truck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode