Allstate Insurance!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-24-2002, 09:08 AM Thread Starter

Angry Allstate Insurance!!

READ ON........My insurance company hit me with a $900 "Speacial Group Surcharge" increasing my insurance to $1230/year. Get this I live in a VERY rural Central PA town too. BUT, I own a Honda Super Hawk so I get screwed. They did a "audit" and decided that all motorcycles with the the following name designations CBR, Hurricane, VFR, RC & Super Hawk need to be surcharged since they are performance motorcycles. Yes I know that typically sportbikes get a higher premium but please $900!? Descrimination? I think so! So all you loyal Allstate consumers beware! As for me I am changing my auto, life, rental and motorcycle insurance to a company that rewards loyal (11yrs) customers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-26-2002, 02:44 PM

HEY Go with STATE FARM............NOBADY BEATS THE FARM
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-26-2002, 04:12 PM

Gosh that sucks!

I just got my renewal from Allstate on my 'NINJA' and it did'nt go up..... this time. Im holding my breath every six months though

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-26-2002, 11:48 PM

What about the guys with the Turbocharged 131ci (2200cc's) Harleys? They dont consider THAT high performance?
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2002, 07:48 PM

Angry

I too was hit by the allstate surcharge. I was given the stupid line of, "Well, motorcycles are more likely to be stolen, so that is why they have included a sur-charge." I live in Phoenix, AZ and have been with the same Allstate agent for about 6 years, then he feeds me this crap! I decided to leave Allstate and now I am insured with State Farm. I am a 26 female, and I pay about $150.00 a month for full coverage on my 91 CBR600, 2000 chevy S10, 99 Yamaha WR400 (dirtbike, lol) and life insurance. I was paying twice that amount with Allstate.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2002, 09:39 PM

Thumbs down We're all taken it deep.

My inc. bill for the last 6 months was $853 which I thought wasn't bad since I did look around and no one would cover me for under $1500. But I just got my re-newel and I just about fainted. The damage is $1205 which I guess is still not to bad since I do have a speeding ticket. There was another thread that I was reading and there was a insurance on there that looked too good to be true, but if it's real we're all in. Check it out, Insurance
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2002, 09:50 PM

Question Re: We're all taken it deep.

Quote:
Originally posted by GrCh35
My inc. bill for the last 6 months was $853 which I thought wasn't bad since I did look around and no one would cover me for under $1500. But I just got my re-newel and I just about fainted. The damage is $1205 which I guess is still not to bad since I do have a speeding ticket. There was another thread that I was reading and there was a insurance on there that looked too good to be true, but if it's real we're all in. Check it out, Insurance

WOW!!!!! That seems like alot! How old are you?
Well, with State Farm, for 6 months I am paying $498 for my CBR, $234 for my 2000 truck, which includes full coverage on both vehicles. I am aslo paying $15 a month for life insurance and $92 for the dirtbike (that's $92.00 for the year). All in all, it comes out to about $150 for all 4 policies. I must also add that I am 26, female, and have no tickets.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-2002, 12:46 AM

to state farm and to allstate..... allstate would not even insure my R6 and state farms quote was more than what i have now which is progressive ....... my insurance is 62.00 month im not even looken anymore im just gonna stick with what i got and forget it
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-2002, 03:26 PM

Re: Re: We're all taken it deep.

Quote:
Originally posted by sportbikegrlee

WOW!!!!! That seems like alot! How old are you?
I must also add that I am 26, female, and have no tickets.

I'm 30 and a man. Women insurances are cheaper then they are for us guys. Also my bike is a 2001 Honda 929 and I have one speeding ticket which I got 2 years ago in a car. 600's and under go for a lot less Inc. then the big boys do. But like I said before, I called around and what I got at the time was the cheapest that I could have gotten. You guys see my post before on that other insurance company? Has anyone heard of it or have it?
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-2002, 05:28 PM

Well Allstate hasn't struck here yet. I pay $407 per year with $100 deductible on the RC. I'm sure it will get me before long then they will stop getting my money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode