"America" shows it's class - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-23-2002, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs down "America" shows it's class

I just read two articles in the paper today that really annoyed me.

In the first we are told that the families of the 4 Canadian troops killed by an American F16 pilot should not expect an offical apology from the US military. Apparently they only apologize if they kill fellow Americans by mistake. For any of you unfamiliar with the story, the pilot was flying over a restricted area where there was to be no unauthorized attacks ( this area is often used for training) . He saw small arms fire which he thought was directed at him. He reported it in, and was told to mark the area, instead the idiot dropped a 500 lb guided bomb on Canadian troops using the area for live fire training.

The second story relates how fans at the Raptors/ Pistons game booed while the Canadian national anthem was played before the NBA playoff game. To add insult to injury, this occured on the same day the four casualties from Afghanistan were buried. Seems the fans in Detroit quickly forgot the support and help Canada gave them Sept. 11/02. I hope they remember their actions next time they're stuck in a plane over the Atlantic, with no place to land.

I don't know which story pisses me off more, the morons in Detroit, or the officials in Washinton.

I know this is not the most common outlook in the U.S.. But, having lived there for 2 years I find this stories not in the least hard to believe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-23-2002, 07:28 PM

Re: "America" shows it's class

Quote:
Originally posted by oldgixer
I just read two articles in the paper today that really annoyed me.

In the first we are told that the families of the 4 Canadian troops killed by an American F16 pilot should not expect an offical apology from the US military. Apparently they only apologize if they kill fellow Americans by mistake. For any of you unfamiliar with the story, the pilot was flying over a restricted area where there was to be no unauthorized attacks ( this area is often used for training) . He saw small arms fire which he thought was directed at him. He reported it in, and was told to mark the area, instead the idiot dropped a 500 lb guided bomb on Canadian troops using the area for live fire training.
I hope that's not true...

Quote:
The second story relates how fans at the Raptors/ Pistons game booed while the Canadian national anthem was played before the NBA playoff game. To add insult to injury, this occured on the same day the four casualties from Afghanistan were buried. Seems the fans in Detroit quickly forgot the support and help Canada gave them Sept. 11/02. I hope they remember their actions next time they're stuck in a plane over the Atlantic, with no place to land.
So what? This is always the case when US vs Canada... They're just trying to make a big deal out of it in lieu of the recent event.

I am Canadian.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-23-2002, 08:15 PM

'Apparently they only apologize if they kill fellow Americans by mistake.'
-Typical American selfishness-

'The second story relates how fans at the Raptors/ Pistons game booed while the Canadian national anthem was played before the NBA playoff game.'
-Remember when they displayed our flag upside down on a televised baseball game? Just shows how smart they are! Doh!

'Seems the fans in Detroit quickly forgot the support and help Canada gave them Sept. 11/02. I hope they remember their actions next time they're stuck in a plane over the Atlantic, with no place to land.'
-Next time maybe they can land in the arctic and freeze their patriotic asses!

'I don't know which story pisses me off more, the morons in Detroit, or the officials in Washinton.'
-You can't say that to me "I'm Amercian!" Bull$hit....I just did!

And there are my feelings concerning your post!

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-23-2002, 08:20 PM

Quote:
The second story relates how fans at the Raptors/ Pistons game booed while the Canadian national anthem was played before the NBA playoff game. To add insult to injury, this occured on the same day the four casualties from Afghanistan were buried. Seems the fans in Detroit quickly forgot the support and help Canada gave them Sept. 11/02. I hope they remember their actions next time they're stuck in a plane over the Atlantic, with no place to land
Thats disgraceful booing at another nations national anthem

Quote:
Remember when they displayed our flag upside down on a televised baseball game? Just shows how smart they are!

Well thats even worse
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-23-2002, 08:22 PM
Founder

Garage
I for one am ashamed.

Just remember not all of us are assholes.

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-23-2002, 08:23 PM

Unhappy

Very sad occurence to be sure, but the response to the event is sickening. Our society at large just doesn't give a f**k about anything or anyone aside from themselves.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-24-2002, 10:20 AM Thread Starter

Re: Re: "America" shows it's class

re: fans booing Nat'l Anthem

So what? This is always the case when US vs Canada... They're just trying to make a big deal out of it in lieu of the recent event.

I am Canadian.
[/QUOTE]

Booing another teams anthem or even another team shows a total lack of respect. I was taught by my parents and coaches that a visiting team is a guest and that they deserve out best hospitality......... except of course during the game when we were expected to crush them.
I would NEVER boo a nation's national anthem. Especially a nation's that is supposed to be our closes friend. When I go to NHL games and they play the U.S. anthem, I stand up straight and shut up.

The "fans" in Detroit said more about themselves than anything else.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-24-2002, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert

Just remember not all of us are assholes.
Actually Robert, having travelled alot, I can assure you there are ASSHOLES everywhere, even here Just as I can assure you there are great people everywhere, even there .

The unofficial responses sent here from "ordinary Americans" has been heartfelt and touching.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-24-2002, 10:47 AM

Re: Re: Re: "America" shows it's class

Quote:
Booing another teams anthem or even another team shows a total lack of respect. I was taught by my parents and coaches that a visiting team is a guest and that they deserve out best hospitality......... except of course during the game when we were expected to crush them.
I would NEVER boo a nation's national anthem. Especially a nation's that is supposed to be our closes friend. When I go to NHL games and they play the U.S. anthem, I stand up straight and shut up.

The "fans" in Detroit said more about themselves than anything else. [/B]
I know that, but you're always going to have some drunk ****head doing it... What I'm saying is, it has nothing to do with the recent events that took place and it pisses me off that they try to make it seem like that.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-24-2002, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

Btw, I'll feel the same way if/when they do it in Toronto.

(Everyone out west knows what idiots there are in TO. )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode