cheap bikes - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2002, 07:30 AM Thread Starter

cheap bikes

hey guys, I want to find a bike, but if you've read my posts you know the trouble I've had, so now I just want to buy a cheap $100-400 bike to cruise to work on, and maybe have some weekend fun, until I can buy a bike I really want, plus this will let me get used to riding again. anyone know where to look or and classifieds other then cycletrader. I live in florida if that helps, thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2002, 08:06 AM Thread Starter

are there any bike salvage yards, like a u-pull-it kind of place. has anyone ever seen grease 2, are there really yard like that where you pay $100 and they let you build your own bike. sorry I know I'm grasping at straws here, but I'm desperate for a bike. help
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2002, 08:30 AM

Lol, you are reaching man, I feel for ya....

It would be alot easier to get your butt out here and buy that Hurricane and ride it back to FL. than it would be to sit in a junk yard and build a bike

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2002, 09:05 AM Thread Starter

your probably right, but I can't afford that hurricane, or the plane ticket to go with it, I can afford to buy a $100 bike though
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2002, 09:25 AM

St Petersburg Motorcycle Salvage Yard

There is one in St.Petersburg, but I can't remember the name. They may be in the Motorcycle Trader. It is off 38thAveN. and 34th St (US19). If you find Lealman Middle School you are about 3 blocks away. Call the dealers in St. Pete, they will know the name.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2002, 09:29 AM Thread Starter

cool, I'll have to check it out, maybe I'll come back with a jewel, most likely what ever I build wont make the ride home
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2002, 10:14 AM

In Miami

There was a place down there just north of the Golden Glades. You could see them from I-95. They did work on my RD400 and had a lot of rebuilt bikes. I know they were having a going out of business sale a while back. In a warehouse area right next to tri-rail tracks.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2002, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

any chance you could get the name for me, I'd be very greatful. theres a place here called pompano pats, but all there bikes are trashed and way to expensive, but I may have to deal with it, I'm also going to go to moto-cyco world again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode