When is enough, enough? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

When is enough, enough?

We have a group of 50-60 riders at a time here in Bakersfield,CA. We have no "club" name, no group T-shirts, nothing that says we are a club of any kind. We have a "select "group of riders (not excluding myself) that are, well, crazy. to say the least. 5 mile wheelies, block long stoppys, standing on the seats, you get what I mean. We are constantly getting speaches that the cops are after us. And yet we persist to push the envelope of graditude every Tuesday (bike night) evening. Because there are different riders in the group, there are different opinions in the matter. Extreme riders cant get enough of the pulse pounding action, while the reserved riders are always mad about the Crazy riding that goes on. Ideas from clubs? people? experiances? solutions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 07:24 PM

Thumbs down dangerous grounds

Without issuing any type of an opinion on my part, I just thought it fair to warm you...you're asking the WROOONG group of people here bro. Prepare to be flamed...
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 07:25 PM

Thumbs down now it's time for...

...my opinion: I think you're an idiot and give all who ride a bad name.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 07:53 PM

5 mile wheelies? Mad props YO! FTP!!!
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

Re: now it's time for...

Quote:
Originally posted by CBR Brutha
...my opinion: I think you're an idiot and give all who ride a bad name.
Well, Brutha, I did buy my bike to ride and not just to look at. Are you saying that all who ride for fun and do stunts, are giving sportbike riders a bad name? The big names in racing that do major wheelies and burnouts, at the end of races, are giving themselves a bad name? Just like I said, There are diferent riders in all groups, you, have just proven that you ride alone.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 10:16 PM

Re: Re: now it's time for...

Quote:
Originally posted by RACIN929

The big names in racing that do major wheelies and burnouts, at the end of races, are giving themselves a bad name?

Umm, They're on a race track ~ Which is where you should go.....
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 11:01 PM

this is soon to turn ugly o well ya win some ya lose some.....dude just keep on doing what you do and let others think what they want, no matter what people say to you you are going to do whatever you want anyway right? so JUST DO IT (dam now where have i heard that before )
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 11:50 PM Thread Starter

your right! I am gonna do what I want. That wasnt the question though, my question is what to do about the group handling the situation at hand. Dont everybody here have someone that is a crazy nut in thier group? or am wrong in assuming there are people that are nuts everywhere. You guys act like everybody in the world rides as reserved as you talk.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-18-2002, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Dont everybody here have someone that is a crazy nut in thier group?
I've heard about a group in Bakersfield that does. I am sure they are so proud. Nature has a interesting way of dealing with "crazy nuts". Be sure to let us know how it turns out.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-18-2002, 06:46 AM

I guess to each his own.

I personally think there is a place and time for doing "wild" things. If you're doing them on the street, you're endangering not only yourself but others. HOWEVER, if that's a risk you're willing to take, just don't come back and Bitch about it when you get arrested or hurt or something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode