God Bless America - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-15-2002, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

God Bless America

After hearing that the state of Florida changed its opinion and let a Muslim woman have her picture on her drivers license with her face covered, I believe this is even more appropriate. Read on, please!

This is an Editorial written by an American citizen, published in a Tampa newspaper. He did quite a job; didn't he?

IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT.
I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Americans. However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others.

I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to America. Our population is almost entirely comprised of descendants of immigrants. However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand.

This idea of America being a multi cultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Americans, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!

"In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.

If Stars and Stripes offend you, or you don't like Uncle Sam, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. This is OUR COUNTRY, our land, and our lifestyle.

Our First Amendment gives every citizen the right to express his opinion and we will allow you every opportunity to do so. But, once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our flag, our pledge, our national motto, or our way of life, I highly encourage you to take advantage of one other great American freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-15-2002, 09:56 PM

interesting, though it is very hard to live by ya know, many people have a sense that they want to do things their way no matter what IE: china town, or polish hill......ya know it is a shame that it is coming to this, but i do completly understand what you are saying........o well things must change sometime ya know, things never stay the same forever
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-15-2002, 10:54 PM

Re: God Bless America

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac's R1

Our First Amendment gives every citizen the right to express his opinion and we will allow you every opportunity to do so. But, once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our flag, our pledge, our national motto, or our way of life, I highly encourage you to take advantage of one other great American freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.
Just don't come to Canada. We got enough of your draft-dodging, liberal long-hairs back when 'Nam was goin' on.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-15-2002, 10:59 PM

Thumbs up

Good article. It's quite blunt, but speaks the truth. Where'd you find it Maniac?
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-15-2002, 11:31 PM Thread Starter

Question

Not sure where it originated.
I recieved it in an email.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-15-2002, 11:43 PM
Founder

Garage

Quote:
If Stars and Stripes offend you, or you don't like Uncle Sam, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet.
I like this one the best.

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 03:54 PM

Quote:
...If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.
WTF?!

Whatever happened to freedom of religion? Or freedom not to be religious?

If this guy goes off on a tirade because of some driver's license photo, he's got other things to worry about.

Wonder if he eats chinese food.

Intolerant morons like that make me sad to be an American.

It doesn't have to be fun to be "fun".
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 04:17 PM

Re: Re: God Bless America

Quote:
Originally posted by scotty

Intolerant morons like that make me sad to be an American.
Well I guess you should consider going to another part of the world.

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 07:47 PM

This is the dumbest piece of crap I've read in a long time. See ya Amerika, I'm outta here.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-18-2002, 12:31 AM Thread Starter

Sharp as a marble!

Quote:
Originally posted by Rug Burn
Amerika
We're better off without you since you can't even spell the best damn place to live correctly!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode