Glamis - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-11-2002, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

Glamis

Okay, so I realize that most of you guys are sportbike fans, DUH! So am I... BUT.... I absolutely adore dirtbikes, too and asked to make the choice between one or the other and I'd rather sacrifice myself. I'm a big Glamis fan, too, naturally...aren't all dirtbikers and quad riders? Anyway, right now I'm still living in Arizona and therefore not terribly far from Glamis (about 4 hours) but I'll soon be moving to Redding, California so my trips will require more travel time and more time in Glamis at once. Are there any Glamis fans out there around the Redding/ Sacramento area? ??? Or do I have to go to one of the Glamis sites to find people? I thought it'd be worth a try to find some fellow street riders that share my passion for the sand...By the way, I'm heading out tomorrow (Friday, the 12th), to go to Glamis again for one last trip this season...from Arizona...anyone interested...as far as I'm concerned, the more the merrier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-12-2002, 10:22 AM

I also ride a 250R ATC, but seeing as Pismo is only 30min. away I've never gone to Glamis.

I'd love to go sometime, Glamis makes Pismo look like a kiddy pool.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-12-2002, 12:01 PM

Thumbs up

When I was living in SD we took some quads out to Glamis over a three day weekend. It was pretty cool. I'm sure I would have had more fun if I had my dirt monster then.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-16-2002, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

Glamis SOO rocks...how can you possibly have been there and not gottn addicted? Anybody want to commit to an extended weekend visit for Halloween?...I know its awhile from now but time flies and some of you guys may need lots of time to plan for a week off of work...and for me to track ya'll down and shove my foot up your a$$es and drag you out there. ..But if I have to go that far to get you there maybe I don't WANT you there becuse you're not really Glamis guys!!!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-18-2002, 10:55 AM

Glamis, WOOT

yeah ok.. so I ride sand bikes too.. TRX250R, CR250 to name my favs.. Anyhow, I make a pilgrimage to Glamis a coupla times a year, from Seattle.. it's a bit of a drive, but WAY worth it..

I cant plan stuff out too far ahead, but I'm willing to hit the dunes just about anytime..

Might also want to try out the Oregon coast in the summer, when it's too hot to ride Glamis, or if you want to see the tallest, steepest dunes in the country, try out St Anthony, ID

check out glamisonline, sandbros.com, mudsand.com to name a few..

BTW.. SandFest on the Oregon coast, at Winchester Bay, in August, is the closest thing I've seen to Glamis on a 3 day weekend, without all the drama and cops, and jail time.. Same naked college girls tho
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-25-2002, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

Hey there highsider...
I'm actually moving out to Redding, California sometime in the next couple of weeks and since I had to go in and get the plates and screws taken out of my wrists at the last minute, I had to cancel my last Glamis trip this season. So I'm itching like crazy to get back in the sand. Wanna take a trip? I really do want to get back into a sandbox before August...I can't wait that long!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode