Only Mode of Transportation?? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
View Poll Results: Is your bike you primary mode of transportation?
Yes. 18 37.50%
No. I own a car too. 29 60.42%
What Bike? 1 2.08%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-04-2002, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

Question Only Mode of Transportation??

Just curious of How many of you dont own a car and use the bike as your primary mode of transportation...Its not really possible here in Ohio, but Im sure it is in some parts of the world.... thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-04-2002, 08:53 PM

I only had a bike to drive one summer before I had my car liscence and I am planning to take my truck off the road this summer because I don't want to give ALL my money to the insurance company. I hope it doesn't rain very much this year

Last edited by ninjabeater; 04-04-2002 at 08:55 PM.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-04-2002, 10:49 PM

I WISH

Dude i wish i could ride my bike 12 months at a time, it is APRIL and the weather still has not broke here in Pennsylvania, and i am PISSED, what the hell it only seems to be nice on the weekend, i mean i am not complainin about that but WHAT THE HELL IS UP WIH THIS SUCK ASS WEATHER

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-05-2002, 01:26 AM

my insurance is good all year and I take advantage of it, the past winter here has been very mild and we have gotten very little rain or snow, there is a drought emergency and it is only spring, I feel like I put more miles on my bike this winter than last summer,

I do own several cars but none of them are on the road,

except for lightning and idiots in cars I don't mind the rain, and if it is a heavy one it does a good job of washing the bike(and me)

I do get a little annoyed on realy nice days when other riders wave, 'cause I know that on the less than Ideal days I am representing while these fair weather boys are bottled up in their cages while the bike stays at home, I know some people are uncomfortable with rain and high winds, but I am talking about overcast days that are a bit cold and require a fair amount of layers,

That is one thing I give respect to the true H-D riders, those guys are out in any weather, with open face helmets! Although they could use a good washing up in the rain as well.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-06-2002, 09:25 AM

whats a car?

Southern California is great. It does rain a lot, but then there is few months of sun. I don't have a car, and just go with my friends if I need to pick up something heavy. Even if I had a car, I would not drive it much, except on a date
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-07-2002, 01:32 AM

I used to use a bike as my primary transportation. My 1st, 2nd, and 3rd vehicles were bikes. I just barely got a car this past summer.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-15-2002, 08:31 AM

Yep my bike is pretty much my only form of transport. I ride it to Uni everyday. My boyfriend takes the car cause he has to go into the city to work and I go to Uni near by. Plus I prefer the bike cause It means I dont have to pay for parking at Uni I just ride round the Boom Gate
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-18-2002, 10:54 AM

I ride year round. The weird thing is most of the time you can ride until Jan/Feb but March and April will be the bad weather. This year hasn't been too bad but I remember last spring it was shitty weather until May.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-27-2002, 05:03 AM

I ride my bike all year round (cause I can!). I can't afford to own two vehicles, so the bike is the only thing I've got.
Perfectly fine most of the time, but it sux when you gotta move stuff.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-30-2002, 03:42 PM

not impossible to ride all year round in sunny sydney
although its getting mighty cold riding at night
brrrrrrrr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode