Only Mode of Transportation?? - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
View Poll Results: Is your bike you primary mode of transportation?
Yes. 18 37.50%
No. I own a car too. 29 60.42%
What Bike? 1 2.08%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-07-2002, 01:14 PM

in the early 90's i had my f2 as my only modes of transportion after i sold my wonderful honda civic wagon and put it out of it's misery. or was that me? used to race the f2 as my only modes of transpo and a couple of times had a hard time getting around. luckily at that time i worked for a motorcycle race shop so i could work on it as necessary when time permitted. many times duct tape saved that bike. i once had to hand wire and support by tie wraps a hand held flashlight into my bike to make it home at night. crazy days. once that light came loose on my way home at night and it was about 2 in the morning. had to ride from newport to westminster on the 405 all the way home. luckily the only chp i saw already had somebody pulled over.

nowadays i've done the same thing, but without being on the track yet. i can't stand being in a cage. even if i'm getting chauffeured around. i'm looking forward to hitting the track again sometime next year once things settle down a bit. but riding my bike here in sunny socal is the only thing keeping me sane.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-09-2002, 09:58 AM

I've had two stretches of at least 3 months when my bike was my only transportation. The first one was right out of high school when I didn't have a car (BRRRR it's cold in Virginia during the winter). A few years later I blew the motor in my Pinto and once again the two wheeler prevailed. Now I live in Florida and ride all year, even though I have a perfectly good truck!
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-10-2002, 07:39 AM

Ever since I bought my bike there have been very few situations where I have even wanted to drive my car. Now if only I could find a girl that liked to ride as much as I do Seriously though, where I live (Northeren California) you can ride year round. I have thought about selling my car quite often. I would probably just use the money from that to buy a second bike...

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-10-2002, 01:16 PM

Cool Only Mode of Transportation??

Living in Southern California I am able to ride 24/7. I have a car too, but if I can ride I do. The car is for family trips and getting groceries. In the last 4 months I've put 7500 miles on my bike, Yee Haw!
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-04-2002, 06:29 AM

Thumbs up

I'm on the bike Rain, Hail or Shine..
The wife has claim to the car, and that suits me just fine.
The only time I don't enjoy riding is when the rain dribbles down the tank and onto my boys
I've finally got some wet weather pants, so now the chilled Gonads are a thing of the past
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-04-2002, 05:06 PM

Winter takes over at least 4 months of the yr.

In this part of Cdn, like so many northern parts of the States. Not living in a city, but a small farming community town, there is no such thing as public transport (bus, streetcar etc) so a cage is insured all yr around & two bikes are insured March till Nov ------- costly!!!!
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-04-2002, 05:13 PM

I ride my bike as much as possible, but I do have a car for those days when I have to carry large items for work, or have knee surgery or something. If I lived in a place like Cali or Fla, I would ride all year.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-04-2002, 05:50 PM

Own a bike and a truck

I live in sunny southern california and have a truck and a bike. I use my bike as a hobby and not as a primary mode of transportation. I put around 1,000 miles per month in the summer on my motorcycle. I use my truck as a comute to and from work vehicle. I also load my bike into my truck if I take the bike to the shop for maintenance and it will be their overnight. I love riding and ride as much as possible. I must admit that there is nothing that I love more than to hop on the bike and go for a ride on a nice warm sunny sat or sunday - it is the closest thing that I know of to pure heaven. When I ride I want to completely consentrate on the ride and not on making it to work on time. I paid twice as much for my bike as my truck and always will not hesitate to spend money on my motorcycle since it is my main hobby and form of enjoyment, relaxation, and entertainment.
Jim out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode