Question about a new bike - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-03-2002, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
Question about a new bike

I currently own a 98 Yzf 600 and was looking to take a step or two up. I am currently looking at a 96+ GSXR 750.

What i really want is a bike that will pull wheelies on the highway. 2nd and 3rd gear. Would this be a good bike, or should i go for a bigger one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-03-2002, 12:53 PM

that's a girl bike. dude you need a suzuki hayabusa with a turbo.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-03-2002, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

how about you keep your useless replies to yourself

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-03-2002, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tippmann
how about you keep your useless replies to yourself
Sorry hombre, I just thought that the best ways to do wheelies on the highway was with a sheezsy mcneezy ride like a turbo busa!!!

Don't forget the neons!!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-03-2002, 01:25 PM

Arrow

Tipp, remember to install a NOS kit on that 'Busa once you finish with the Turbo. What a wheelie monger that'll be!!!

Squid...ROFLMAO!!!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-03-2002, 01:30 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by CBR Brutha
Tipp, remember to install a NOS kit on that 'Busa once you finish with the Turbo. What a wheelie monger that'll be!!!
Oh yeah and don't forget to wave at all the kids when you pass them on the highway "a la mono"
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-03-2002, 04:02 PM

Re: Question about a new bike

Quote:
I currently own a 98 Yzf 600 and was looking to take a step or two up. I am currently looking at a 96+ GSXR 750.

What i really want is a bike that will pull wheelies on the highway. 2nd and 3rd gear. Would this be a good bike, or should i go for a bigger one.
If you can't ride 1/2 mile long stand-up wheelies on the YZF yet, than you need to wait to get a new, bigger bike and learn how to ride that one first. You can ride wheelies on any sportbike with 599cc's and above and newer then prob. '93. Master your current bike, then consider moving up.

Oh yeah and waving at the kids while on one wheel DEFINITELY multiplies the squid-points exponentially. I want pictures (pre-wreck, of course)!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-03-2002, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

Believe it or not, my bikes pretty hard to bring up. If it does come up, its only gonna do it in first gear. Then i have to learn how to shift through the gears. Which is supposed to be pretty hard.

I figured if i could get a bike that would be easy to bring up, then i could learn how to ride them and get comfortable keeping the front end up.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-03-2002, 07:08 PM

Lightbulb

Quote:
i have to learn how to shift through the gears. Which is supposed to be pretty hard.

I figured if i could get a bike that would be easy to bring up, then i could learn how to ride them and get comfortable keeping the front end up.
Actually your logic is no good. The simplest way I can explain it is like this: Would you rather hit a false neutral mid-wheelie at 65-75mph or 110-120mph? Like I said before, save yourself some skin or possibly your life and learn how to ride wheelies on your bike. IT CAN BE DONE! Then, if you must ride miles-long wheelies at speeds above 120, go for it.

P.S. Just a guess, but isn't the reason you bought the yzf600 in the first place so that you could learn??? Well...finish learning, then go ballz-out!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-03-2002, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

yeah yeah i hear you. But my logic was that...

would it be better for me to try really hard to get a bike up in first gear, exerting(sp) alot of effort just to get it in the air, much less ride it.
Or would it be better for me to ride a bike that should easily come right up in first gear, then i could concentrate and get used actually riding the wheelie.

You're right in the fact that my bike is a learning bike. And i know it will wheelie because i've done them. But it took some yanking on the bars. And thats something id rather not have to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode