Road America RV Camping - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-31-2002, 05:37 AM Thread Starter

Question Road America RV Camping

Anyone have any experience with RV camping at Road America? We are trying to decide where within RA to reserve a spot for the Motorhome. Any particular place to avoid? Whats the best spot in your opinion, and why? Is the $275 "Special Reserved" section worth it? What do you get? Are there any power hookups?

The RA website is pretty vague, and the people answering the phone are pretty clueless.

Any constructive help is appreciated, THANKS!

Buck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-31-2002, 11:25 AM

Buck, I'm not sure if things have changed recently but when I was there in 97 RVs were the only camping allowed and they were all parked right behind the paddock area. It wasn't a situation where you could just drive around and pick a good viewing spot.

I do think they allow tent camping on premises now so maybe they have loosened up a bit. I don't remember any good viewing places where you would be able to get an RV near but like I said it has been awhile.

There was a small grandstand(more like little set of bleachers) near turn 6 which was a pretty good viewing spot. RA isn't the greatest spectator track outside of the consession. They have the best consession on the AMA circuit.

I'm sure there will be more folks on here to give you more recent input. All of the above is based on a somewhat faded memory. Either way you will have a damn good time there.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-31-2002, 05:22 PM

They did make new facilities for Rv's I think. Did you check the web site? www.roadamerica.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode