Tired of waiting - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-25-2002, 04:26 AM Thread Starter

Angry Tired of waiting

Ive been trying to get insurance on a motorcycle for a few weeks now. After trying around, and calling MANY place.. I decided to go with State Farm.

I called them, we worked out all the details and everything was finalized. Lady told me it would have to be sent to the "Underwriter" for final authorization. She said it takes about a week normally.

Ive been waiting for about 17 days now.. which is 10 days MORE then a freakin week I tired calling them the other day and got put on hold for 30 min... only to keep holding.. and holding again...

Its either they are BUSY, or have caller ID and are ignoring me for some reason.

Any ideas guys? How long did it take YOU GUYS to get insurance?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-25-2002, 04:43 AM

Thats wierd man ! I have got my insurance within minutes over the phone. They are more than happy to take my money

This must be a first motorcycle policy for you right? But even so I don't understand what the problem is for you. Maybe it is because you have a lien on you bike(if you do) or they need to check credit or something. I don't know......

I thought insurance was easy to get, but for a price$$$
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-25-2002, 05:42 AM Thread Starter

Ya first policy. Credit Rating is excellent or i would be wanting a bike

Who knows what they are up to over there. Im in no rush anyways.. i mean hell.. its snowing rite now and cold over here in Columbus Ohio. No worries. I have plenty of time to get a bike and get the policy .

BUT IM GETTING INPATIENT

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-25-2002, 05:48 PM

well obviously this doesn't do you alot of good but i have mine through oklahoma farm buearu and got it way quick like in about 10 min. cost me $160 every 6 mo for full cov on a f4 and i am 21
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-25-2002, 06:16 PM

I bought my '01 6R in Jan; I'm 24, with no tickets/accidents in 6+ yrs; I switched my truck over to State Farm about 6 months prior to buying the bike because everywhere else was doing the whole "Oh, you haven't had a motorcyle's license for more than 3 years...that'll be $1400/yr". whatever.

Anyway, I'm paying $380/yr here in Kansas City. I basically said "I bought bike today (after doing the research on rates, and they knew I was planning on getting one)", and they had the stuff ready to go on my way home from the dealer. Very pleased with them.

NI!!!
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-25-2002, 07:01 PM

Check this out....$2500 per year on an R6 ! I got a quote online from my company for $2100 but when I called them they told me it was wrong , so now I will be paying $210 a month. I'm going to take my truck insurance off for the summer just to save some cash. I HATE INSURANCE !
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-25-2002, 07:16 PM

I feel your pain NinjaBeater. Insurance rates in Ontario for single male's under 25 is BRUTAL.

I can hardly wait until I turn 25 then I can get full coverage on my 9R for $600/year instead of the $3400 they want!

Did you get a quote from both Primmum and your local State Farm agent?

I got my insurance through Primmum and they were almost 3K less than all of the local insurance companies.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-25-2002, 07:29 PM

I would not insure with State Farm, they are too resistive to paying out on claims. If you are all smashed up, you don't need to wait, you need help now. This waiting should tell you something: go with another company!

Fuster

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster, and treat those two imposters the same....you'll be a Man, my Son!"

- Rudyard Kipling
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-25-2002, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

But if state farm is the only company to insure me.. Well then

Progressive quoted me 10k a year.. what a crock. To progressive.. I give you the and a for good luck!
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-25-2002, 09:24 PM

Try a different State Fram agent. Maybe the ones you are dealing with are just idiots. It only took me about 10 minutes to get my insurance with state farm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode