Come visit Missouri...
Subject: Missouri Tourism Commission Bulletin: This list of rules will be handed to each person as they enter the state:
1. That slope-shouldered farm boy did more work before breakfast than you'll do all week at work or at the gym. How'd you like to go home and tell your momma you got your butt kicked by a redneck in bib overalls?
2. It's called a 'gravel road.' No matter how slow you drive, you're going to get dust on your BMW. I have a four wheel drive because I need it. Drive your foreign car or get it out of the way.
3. We all started hunting and fishing when we were nine years old. Yeah, we saw Bambi. We got over it.
4. Any references to "corn fed" when talking about our women will get your butt kicked...BY OUR WOMEN.
5. Go ahead and bring your $600 Orvis Fly Rod. Don't cry to us if a flathead breaks it off at the handle. We have a name for those little 13 inch trout your fish for....bait.
6. Pull your pants up. You look like an idiot.
7. If that cell phone rings while a bunch of mallards are making their final approach, we will shoot it. You might hope you don't have it up to your ear at the time.
8. That's right. whiskey is only two bucks. We can buy a fifth for what you paid for a shot in the airport.
9. The MU Tigers are as important here as the Lakers and the Knicks....and a dang sight more fun to watch.
10. No, there's no "Vegetarian Special" on the menu. Order steak. Order it rare. Or, you can order the Chef's Salad and pick off the two pounds of ham and turkey. yeah, we have sweet tea. it comes in a glass with two packets of sugar and a long spoon.
11. You bring Coke into my house, it better be brown, wet, and served over ice.
12. So you have a sixty-thousand dollar car. We're real impressed. We have quarter of a million dollar combines that we use two weeks a year.
13. Let's get this straight. We have one stoplight in town. We stop when it's red. We may even stop when it's yellow.
14. Our women hunt, fish, and drive trucks - because they want to. So, you're a feminist. Isn't that cute.
15. Yeah, we eat catfish, carp and turtle. You really want sushi and caviar? it's available at the bait shop.
16. They are pigs. That's what they smell like. Get over it. Don't like it? I-70 goes two ways I-35 goes the other two. Pick one.
17. The "Opener" refers to the fist day of quail season. it's a religious holiday held the first of November. You can get breakfast at the church.
18. So every person in every pickup waves. It's called being friendly. Understand the concept?
19. Yeah, we have golf courses. Don't hit the water hazards. It spooks the fish.
NOW, ENJOY YOUR VISIT AND THEN GO HOME