building 600F3 race motor, help? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

building 600F3 race motor, help?

so i race mini-sprints in the summer time, for those of you who dont know what a mini-sprint is, its a "mini" version of an outlaw sprint, but utilizes motorcycle engines and chain drive. i am currently running a 600 F3 that has been bored 2mm over to a 637, an FTZ hotbox, FCR alcohol carbs, and FTZ headers/yoshi pipe. i am wondering what other upgrades can i do, internal wise to get some more power. im trying to compete with modified 600rr's and modified kawi 636's. i know my motor will never compete with them, but if i can make mine a little faster i know i can outdrive them. so does anyone know anything else i can do internally to make some more power. i know of some people removing 4th 5th and 6th gears from the transmissions, does anyone know anything about this? any help will be greatly appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 07:05 PM

Hey, I'm new to this site, but I've been follin around with honda 600's for a while. What kind of crank are you using?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode