Its me again...more brake issues????? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 08:43 AM Thread Starter

Smile Its me again...more brake issues?????

Hey guys whats up...finally i got my all 8 of my pistons working but the brake pressure at my handle is low.....i dont get really tight until about 3/4 way down. There are no leaks anywhere, all brand new copper washers no pistons sticking....i have tried tying my brake handle back 1/2 way and leaving it overnight still the same pressure.

Once i squeeze it really hard dont get me wrong the brakes work but i shouldnt be squeezing that far to get real nice and tight should I?

I have come to the conclusion that my master cylinder isnt supplying the system with sufficient pressure so i need a rebuild kit??!! any takers

I have bled....re bled....and re bled absolutely no bubbles at all.....brand new galfer ss lines with HH race pads.

thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_gsxr08 View Post
Hey guys whats up...finally i got my all 8 of my pistons working but the brake pressure at my handle is low.....i dont get really tight until about 3/4 way down. There are no leaks anywhere, all brand new copper washers no pistons sticking....i have tried tying my brake handle back 1/2 way and leaving it overnight still the same pressure.

Once i squeeze it really hard dont get me wrong the brakes work but i shouldnt be squeezing that far to get real nice and tight should I?

I have come to the conclusion that my master cylinder isnt supplying the system with sufficient pressure so i need a rebuild kit??!! any takers

I have bled....re bled....and re bled absolutely no bubbles at all.....brand new galfer ss lines with HH race pads.

thanks guys
I have seen where air gets trapped in the master cylinder. You bleed the system from the calipers and for some reason there is still some air in the master cylinder. There is a banjo bolt with bleeder fitting on them for doing the master cylinder, if you don't have that it would need to be done the hard way.

One more question if I may, how did you bleed the brakes? Did you use a brake bleeding tool that creates a vacuum or did you do the pump, hold and crack the bleeder on the caliper?

Last edited by Blade56; 02-24-2008 at 09:48 PM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 06:11 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to DemonRR
befre you go tearing into the master cylinder.

bleed the master itself. there is a bleeder screw on top, bleed it there first with a vaccuum bleeder. bleed, bleed, and bleed it again. what yr is your bike, how many miles, what happened to your brakes to cause this issue.

did you recently remove the front wheel? did you put your wheel collars on the correct way? (sorry Jon), if not, you might have warped your rotors causing this problem. Jon had this happen to him at a track day. we messed with it for a while trying to figure it out.

Redline Superbike Member

2004 Honda CBR 1000rr WSBK TenKate Hann Spree race replica

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 08:29 AM Thread Starter

Blade56.....I bled my brakes using a clear hose with a one way check valve on the end...so i just kept pumping until fluid came and there were no more bubbles in both sides...worked pretty good. I tied the brake handle down overnight bled again still no bubbles....i rode it for a day or two bled again still no bubbles but the same pressure. So it has to be that air is trapped in the M.C. or it needs to rebuild i just cant think of anything else.

DemonRR....i removed my front wheel recently to change out tires but that was it..... remove axel and wheel and put it right back in! The bike is a 04 gsxr 1000 btw

as for my master cylinder i only have the regular banjo bolt that comes with the kit. who sells the bleeder bolt for it?

thanks
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 06:42 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to DemonRR
look around the master and there should be another bleeder screw.

Redline Superbike Member

2004 Honda CBR 1000rr WSBK TenKate Hann Spree race replica

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_gsxr08 View Post
Blade56.....I bled my brakes using a clear hose with a one way check valve on the end...so i just kept pumping until fluid came and there were no more bubbles in both sides...worked pretty good. I tied the brake handle down overnight bled again still no bubbles....i rode it for a day or two bled again still no bubbles but the same pressure. So it has to be that air is trapped in the M.C. or it needs to rebuild i just cant think of anything else.

DemonRR....i removed my front wheel recently to change out tires but that was it..... remove axel and wheel and put it right back in! The bike is a 04 gsxr 1000 btw

as for my master cylinder i only have the regular banjo bolt that comes with the kit. who sells the bleeder bolt for it?

thanks
I am a bit old fashion and prefer to finish any brake bleeding by pumping up presure and then cracking the bleed screw. I do use the vacuum setup to pull the old fluid out and do the begining part of the bleeding.

I would definate try bleeding the master cylinder one more time. If it does not have bleeder screw in the bango bolt, you will have to do it using the bango bolt. But remember to protect the bike very well as brake fluid will distroy anything painted. I usually use plastic trash bags with rags on top of the plastic trash bags. Also put a catch container under the master cylinder/ bango bolt. You may want to tie a rag around the brake line so nothing will leak down there either. Then re bleed the whole system.

If that does not do it or you feel that you have done that enough, then maybe your are rigt and the master cylinder has gone bad and needs to be rebuilt.

Last edited by Blade56; 02-26-2008 at 09:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode