Carb Sync help.... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

Carb Sync help....

Is there any simple (can be done) way to manually sync my carbs with no manometer or sticks? I have tried the "build it yourself" tool with the yard stick and tubes but it just sucked water into my carbs. I just need to get them sync'ed. I am getting a carbon knock and my sylinders are fighting each other for fire. Please help.

Z
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 09:55 PM

No. The carbs should only be synched when you know your valves are correct, otherwise it won't help. Trying to synch them by ear will most likely make a bad situation worse.

You might want to reconstruct your tool, but this time route the hoses between two pieces of wood that you are pinching in the jaws of a vise. Close the vise so the tubes are completely constricted. Hook it up to the bike and start the motor. Then slightly open the vise until the water just barely moves. Don't know if this will work - water is so much lighter than mercury. Even the tubes on my mercury tool have plugs that constrict the tubes to about a 1 mm opening.

GM top engine cleaner will remove carbon deposits from the combustion chamber & back of the intake valves. If you go this way, follow the directions, and avoid hydraulic lock. Oh, and do it on a day when the wind is blowing towards your least favorite neighbor...

Z., If it were me I think I'd put the bike in the shop for a valve check & synch Couple hundred bucks, but it's winter...
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 06:04 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Rundog. I will try all of the above. And winter make no difference to me since Im not a "season" rider. This is my only vehicle and I ride. Rain, Shine, Hot, Cold, Snow etc. Its doesnt matter to me bro. I have been caught in the worst. LOL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode