Air Filter? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

Air Filter?

I have a small question about airfilters on bikes with ram air. I am wondering how on earth you get at them to change them. I have never owned one with ram air and I just bot a 07 ninja 600.
If yall could perhaps provide some pictures of what it looks like apart that would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 01:37 PM

They are in an airbox underneath the gas tank. In some bikes the front part of the "tank" is a plastic cover that just pops off to allow access to the airbox.
In others you will need to remove the two bolts in the front of the tank by the steering head, than prop the tank up, to get access to the airbox. From there just remove the cover and replace the filter.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 01:44 PM

Also note that most bike manuals have detailed instructions with pictures that walk you through the process. There are a few maintenance items in addition to air filter replacement that you will need to address. At least get a copy of your owner's manual, and preferably the service manual too.

Welcome to the world of sportbikes. Made for speed and handling. Ease of maintenance falls a few notches down the list.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 11:06 AM

yes. everything so so compact that it takes a little extra time to get some things done. althogh oil changes are a little easier (in my opinion).
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 07:54 PM

Kawasaki filters are generally washable & reusable. On your bike, and on any bike with ram air, these filters should be cleaned very often because they filter a lot of air for their size. They are easy to do, but you should definitely get hold of a manual. By the time you finish this job it will have paid for itself...........
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

Filters...

THanks guys this helps huge....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode