1999 Honda cbr600 won't start - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 3
1999 Honda cbr600 won't start

I have a 99 Honda cbr600f4, I drive it everyday and when I was going to work the other day it died on me on the freeway. I figured it was out of gas (this was at 4:00 am so it was dark), so I filled it up but no go. I have replaced the fuel pump and filter. New pump is working, gas is in the carbs but still not starting up. It sounds like the starter is working fine too. I am at a loss, any help would be most appreciated! Thanks
Brianbw1989 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 07:19 PM
Registered User
 
RedBull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Fun City, West Coast ~ California U. S. of A.
Posts: 162
Unhappy Fuel will need a spark to make it fire up . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianbw1989 View Post

I have a 99 Honda cbr600f4,
I drive it everyday
and when I was going to work the other day
it died on me on the freeway.

I figured it was out of gas
(this was at 4:00 am so it was dark),
so I filled it up but no go.

I have replaced the fuel pump and filter.

New pump is working,
gas is in the carbs but still not starting up.

It sounds like the starter is working fine too.

I am at a loss, any help would be most appreciated!

Thanks.
Does the engine get spark ~ what was it doing before it died ?




RedBull is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 3
It was running just fine. I was doing about 85 mph on the freeway for about 10 min before it died
Brianbw1989 is offline  
 
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 04:00 PM
Registered User
 
RedBull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Fun City, West Coast ~ California U. S. of A.
Posts: 162
Cool Did you check for spark yet ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianbw1989 View Post

It was running just fine.

I was doing about 85 mph on the freeway for about 10 min before it died.
So what made you think is was related to your fuel supply ?

RedBull is offline  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 3
When I pulled it apart the first time the carbs didn't have any gas in them. So I jumped to the conclusion that the pump had gone bad
Brianbw1989 is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-21-2015, 07:16 AM
Registered User
 
RedBull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Fun City, West Coast ~ California U. S. of A.
Posts: 162
Cool At least you know that you have new parts in your fuel system . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianbw1989 View Post

When I pulled it apart the first time the carbs didn't have any gas in them.

So I jumped to the conclusion that the pump had gone bad ?
Did you check to see if it has spark yet ~ clutch & kickstand switches are OK~ too . . .
RedBull is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome