With The Right Stuff - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

With The Right Stuff

Im tired of beating around to bush on getting myself goin on gettin a camera setup... I actually have income to support my spelunking

I was just about to type in the card number to order a bulet cam from the intranet, but then held back because, thankfully, i noticed that the camera has strange (not AV in) plugs. I have not yet bought a camera, but will after i get a bullet to push/motivate me along... pretty sure the plug needed looks like a headphone (male) jack, right? Ne ways im looking at a security cam site and its probably not the right place to be looking either...

I've spent some time using the sportbikes search engine with no help on threads. Looking for some help because i dont know where to look at, or what to look for... all i barely know is Lux (the lower the beter?) and lines of resolution, even if you have a great bullet cam you cannot do well if you dont have a powerful medium.... right? yeah i think so ....

tell me if i need to delete from by favorites http://www.2mcctv.com/

looking for a bullet under $100, point me in the right direction.... :sigh::stress:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 01:54 PM

You mean internet. intranet is a private computer network used to connect computers within companies, schools, and the such.

As for the searching... There were about 5 different threads floating around here less than a month ago.

This thread was one of them.

And no... you aren't looking for plugs that look like headphone jacks. They look like female RCA cables.

In this picture, the Yellow one is your A/V picture signal and the black is the power cord.

Some of them also offer USB connections. If you are running analog signal to a camcorder, though, USB won't help you out.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

yea im still goin through the threads as we speak, on that one right now....

so this one works??
http://www.2mcctv.com/popup_image-pID-499-image-0.html

how am i supposed to hook that plug up to something?

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ochoa0042 View Post
yea im still goin through the threads as we speak, on that one right now....

so this one works??
http://www.2mcctv.com/popup_image-pID-499-image-0.html

how am i supposed to hook that plug up to something?

That jack in the picture you linked to looks like a coax cable of some kind, not an AV.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

yea but in your picture, thats not a AV cable... its just a V,video cable....

and in my pic... im pretty sure its just like yours, but with a locking sleeve around it so cannot get unplugged easily.... pretty sure....
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

dont they make a bullet with that AV (headphone jack like) cable, there has to be.... i've seen cameras with AV IN & OUT.... the IN could be for a separate source like a bullet....
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 02:53 PM

Quote:
yea but in your picture, thats not a AV cable... its just a V,video cable....

Okay... I'll try to type slower so you can understand this. RCA connections are called A/V cables, which stands for Audio/Video. It does not always mean they have both. Each cable only carries one signal. Left Audio, Right Audio (Or mono), and Video.

That plug is a Video cable, but it is still called an AV plug, and it is NOT like the one you posted.

It looks like this plug:

I know the picture is small, but you should still be able to see it well enough...

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 02:55 PM

Quote:
That "headphone jack" is a 1/8" TRS (Tip, Ring, and Sleeve) cable designed to carry stereo audio and video signal to source. That is what the other end of the cable that plugs into your camera will look like.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

ok... uhhh... how does that bullet AV hook up again...? and where do babies come from???

Last edited by ochoa0042; 05-30-2008 at 03:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode