front tire recomendation - Page 3 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 09:06 PM

Send a message via AIM to Xx954HxCafexX
yes tires come balanced from the factory, and remember to get yourself a good set of matched tires. and dont forget to change your blinker fluid!

Last edited by Xx954HxCafexX; 03-05-2008 at 09:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 08:16 AM

I put crown royal in mine for blinker fluid, then in a crash i lick it up for pain killer
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

blinker fluid . . . what??

========
I got a question . . . just to see if I got it right
The best tire pressure for front and rear is around 40psi?

as of now, my rear is set at 38psi
and plan to fill the front w/ 37psi

Here's my hard question...
Should you go with the tires' manufacture reccomended air pressure? (if there is one)
-OR-
Should you go with the bikes' reccomended air pressure? (my bike; 36F, 38R)

====Agenda
I got the tire 2 days ago, when the fedex dude rang the doorbell it was like christmas and I was freaking out like bugz bunny on the moon

this evening, i got a buds front lift, and early tomorrow morning i plan to take it off. Be at cycle gear by the time they open, swip-swap, and install hopefully before sundown

post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 10:39 PM

I would go by the tire manufacturer's recommendation unless youre racing twisties in which case I believe you're supposed to drop down to 32psi?

A higher tire pressure Might get you Slightly better MPG, but it will grip less
Its not a hard question and yes, you should hook up with the chic because she is single and ready to ride... someone
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 05:06 AM

Go with the manufacturers recommended pressures. If you go racing, call the manufacturer and ask him what they recommend you drop the pressure to. They are suprisingly helpful with these questions.

And as far as balancing, new tires tend to have a heavy spot which is opposite of the red dot on a new tire. Most importantly is that your rim isnt that well balanced, thats the point of the weights

post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 10:15 AM Thread Starter

Angry god damnit

the worst possible thing happened, Im f*ing bonned

The front lift slipped out of its position on the trippletree, so the whole front end collapsed on itsself !!!
and my sister's car is broke so she is borrowing my van, and now i have no ride to go get a jack lift

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1683.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	197.7 KB
ID:	30054  

Last edited by ochoa0042; 03-07-2008 at 10:19 AM.
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 10:56 AM

use some ratchet straps from the handle bars to something on the ceiling.

post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 12:39 PM

you need some big eye bolts in the ceiling anyway...make sure you hit a rafter and not just sheetrock
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

Cool

problem solved!!! YEAH!!!

I had a friend that was an hour away help me out. he drove from UT , then we went to autozone and bought a $20 2ton-jack, jacked it up, took off the tire, them went to cycle gear swipped-swapped, and installed as fast as possible.
I owe him a bunch $

the moto guru dude (that let me borrow his lift) said for me to do the same thing (to bolt some straps to the ceiling), and hang-jack it up.
But I live with my parents, so they wouldnt approve me drilling hooks that way.
And even though the ceiling methon has been tested by others, I just dont trust hanging a 400 pound bike by the roof by a few straps. that guru dude said "oh its perfectly fine, I've let the bike hang for days on in."
yeah, but im still iffy about it, anyway the job is done

====Corsa III
Wow!!!, I went for a quick ride with the friend that helped me out today, and damn, that new tire is amazing, the bike flicks like nothing now, going horizontal so effortlessly, smooth all the way.
I'd been missing out on what the bike is actually supposed to feel like with that old beater tire
====
That 2ton jack from autozone is well worth it, its made by duralast; small and compact, it's one hell of a bargin ($20).
you all should get one!!

Last edited by ochoa0042; 03-07-2008 at 05:02 PM.
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 05:15 PM

Even the puny ratchet straps are rated for over 1000lbs, and wont actually break till over 3000 lbs (The line doesnt snap, but the metal catches on the ratched will bend releasing slowly). And you are using two of these. A while back my bike spent about two months on ratches straps as I slowly fixed/replaced everything. So dont worry about the straps. Instead, worry about your Eye bolts being mounted well.

I didnt realizeyou problem was simply getting the bike up. Its less than 500lbs, and with the rear tire staying on the ground (or on the rear stand, you did use a rear stand didnt you?) you only have to pick up half of that. You and a friend should have had no problems lifting that up with no jack. Someones GF could have slipped the stand back where it belongs

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode