would-be members having hard time registering - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-12-2008, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to DemonRR
would-be members having hard time registering

ok, this is about the 4th person ive broguth over from other bike forums that cant become a member of spw. they go thru the process of filing out all the info, and they have been waiting for the email to activate their account. is there an admin or moderator that can help me out. i have another guy wanting to join the site (spw, as well as redline), and has been patiently waiting for 2 weeks for my help. i kept telling him to be patient and to try registering again.

im not sure how the whole thing works, but if its that hard to register for a bike forum, id end up losing patients and go somewhere else.

would an admin or mod please pm me so i can pass along this guys info and maby you can expedite his enrollment process.
thanks
dave

Redline Superbike Member

2004 Honda CBR 1000rr WSBK TenKate Hann Spree race replica

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 04:07 AM Thread Starter

is somebody up there?

Redline Superbike Member

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 04:34 AM
Lifetime Premium

Send a message via AIM to snakesht
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonRR View Post
is somebody up there?
When I had a problem, Robert had me send a pm to "sportbikes." He ended up helping me out. I'd say give that a shot.

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 08:34 AM
Strength and Honor

I'm wondering if this is within the powers of our Supermod crew. They're usually quite on top of things.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 10:54 AM
Lifetime Premium

Interestingly, a few minutes ago when I tried to get on the forum, I got a notification that I had been banned, with no reason given, and the ban would never be lifted. Guess they don't like me around here. Couple times deleting the cookies in my browser and logging in, and it let me back in. Hopefully that was just a glitch.

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 11:01 AM
Strength and Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakesht View Post
Interestingly, a few minutes ago when I tried to get on the forum, I got a notification that I had been banned, with no reason given, and the ban would never be lifted. Guess they don't like me around here. Couple times deleting the cookies in my browser and logging in, and it let me back in. Hopefully that was just a glitch.
Something major was going on. I was getting a blank forum altogether. Its not you, its the system

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 12:33 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanwisch View Post
Something major was going on. I was getting a blank forum altogether. Its not you, its the system
That's what I was hoping. The first time I cleared the cookies for the site, it brought up the forum, with a totally different look and broken links. I sent a message off to the powers that be requesting an explanation. Probably a good thing I was nice about it!

-Will Rogers
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

well its been about 24 since this thread. i figured someone would have chimed in or pm me about it. who is robert, or a screen name to pm to about this. or should i go thru my other site this site bought to try and resolve this. at least there i can get an answer the same day. ???????

Redline Superbike Member

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 02:06 PM
Resident Smart Ass!

Send a message via AIM to Jester Send a message via Yahoo to Jester
Hey all, I spoke with earlier about some issues. I sadly did not see this one. We were going through some server upgrades, which sadly were giving "banned" errors, and having the site not show up. Hopefully the upgrades will take care of all issues. Please post a "gripe list" as to any issues that are occuring so that we can trouble shoot them. Thanks!

Jester!

Help control the squid population, have your squid spayed or neutered

"it's not the smart ass behavior that gets to me... it's the dumb ass behavior that is a problem..." -Quote from my Aunt.

Only motorcycle riders understand why dogs stick their head out of car windows.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Hey all, I spoke with earlier about some issues. I sadly did not see this one. We were going through some server upgrades, which sadly were giving "banned" errors, and having the site not show up. Hopefully the upgrades will take care of all issues. Please post a "gripe list" as to any issues that are occuring so that we can trouble shoot them. Thanks!

Jester!
did you forget to type in "with's" name? or better yet, can i pm you this guys email and desired screen name and you can get him registered and everything. he emailed me again last night seeing if i heard anything.

Redline Superbike Member

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode