Dear Site Owner, - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-23-2007, 04:53 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sportbikes
I fully understand. Change is hard, especially when we are "taking away" what you had.

I trust in a month that you will be acustom to the side bar and the site is better off with the new areas. Also, as when you see more ads that are sportbike related, then maybe you will actually see something worth while.

I, personally, think the side bar is better then having an add posted in the middle of threads (like after 5 posts, you see another ad), which is becoming more popular in forums.

Oh... pop-up blockers, they come standard in IE 6+, and if you use firefox, then by all means the blockers are there

And should you have any other comments, concerns or input... by all means let me know! Trust me, this is not a make it rich scheme... I'm just trying to provide the best site I can for the sport I love

My contact info:
- PM is the best
- tele 1-888-837-2453 toll free from USA and Canada during business hours - we are in SoCal (PST)

Check out some of our new motorcycle forums:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|

|
|
|
|
|

|
If you are interested, we are looking for moderators and admins to help grow
these sites.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-23-2007, 05:34 PM
Administrator

OH, I forgot to thank you for the thought of paying for the use of the site. I really don't want to take any members money. I know other sites do that, but that will be our last resort here.

I just got 2 new servers for the site and will be upgrading the third one shortly. (1 for the ezine - 1 for forums - 1 for MSSQL), so we can use the support, but if there is an overwhelming urge to help support the site... there is always work to do around here
- Moderators
- writers
- graphic design work
- public relations
- selling ads so that we have enough money that we don't ask members...

|
|
|
|

|
|
|
|
|

|
these sites.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-23-2007, 09:06 PM

I just left a forum two years ago,
That were constantly whinning that they were loosing money.
The mods and designers and owner were all looking for a way to raise money to save the site. Gold member fees, sale section fees....already implemented.

Soon, the site was discovered to be up for sale, on a web site owners board, turning a reasonable profit.

That decimated the site and it's culture.
It's gone. Totally gone.

Not saying that anyone is pulling the wool over our eyes here...
Just that there is no way to honestly know exactly what is going on.

It's your site to do with as you choose,

and it is appreciated........

but you plot out the future of not just your site, but a culture and relationships that are within and outside it's existance...

and there's alot of sites these days for people to flee to, to avoid minor annoyances.

Redline Superbike Member

AKA Duneripper :)
Ladies Love Cool D.

"I would have been your daddy, But that dog beat me over the fence."

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-23-2007, 09:57 PM
Administrator

Duner - that is exactly my point - we are free and I always want it to be free... so your are on target... I'm trying not pinch the members.

Oh... until I actualy pay for all the costs.. I can summarize what it costs and how much we make quickly... I don't whine about it... cause I choose to do it. I love the sport and for the most part the members of this site

Oh.. just to be clear, not much in way of advertisers here and surely no members are sending dollars...

OK, one more point - if any is sending money for the site... it isn't being received

|
|
|
|

|
|
|
|
|

|
these sites.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 03:46 PM

top or bottom of page , but on the side is so damn annoying..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode