Do new threads show up in new posts searches? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

Do new threads show up in new posts searches?

Not certain about this, but it seems that threads dont show up in new posts searches, untill someone replies to them. If this is correct is it intentional?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 09:45 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Clicking on the "New Posts" button is how I saw this (and almost all) thread. Not sure why it doesn't work for you.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

Thats just freaking wierd. I started a thread in daily, something along the lines off "Help this guy out if you can" doesnt show up in a search.

I use the search almost exclusivly, yet sometimes go look at threads manually. So I am very suprised to find threads I did not know about earlier... Maybe the search is just flaky...

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 09:52 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Could be, I'm not overly familiar with vBull software. The thread you're talking about shows up for me though. I don't think I've ever seen one not show up. Who knows....damn gremlins.

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 10:25 AM

I think that the thread is new until you do a "New Posts" query. After a certain time if you do another "New Posts" search, your list is much shorter. I have not figured out what the timer is set to, but it seems to be a few hours...
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 10:28 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

To be honest with you, even as a supermod, I'm not even sure how that gets reset. Sometimes I'll be on here all day and the list will stay the same the whole time, other times it will be "reset" (for lack of a better word) every couple hours.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

Well it still doesnt show up on my search, but it shows up on spicers...

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 11:03 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Are you using the Search page or just hitting New Posts?

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 12:01 PM Thread Starter

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

I put a reply in there and it shows up now...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode