posting an ad in the classifieds? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

posting an ad in the classifieds?

i tried to post an ad in the classifieds. I was required to sign in with my email and password, but my email and password was not accepted.

Are you trying to tell me even though Im a registered member of SBW I also need to register inside portions of this site in order for them to be available to an already established member??

Totally lame if this is the case

Trevor

"Don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter."

"When I drink, something happens. This guy called Buzzy comes out. And he proceeds to do whatever he wants, I guess'' - Wayne Rainey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 10:03 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
When this site and Sportbikes.com merged, the classified section of each was done away with and one site was created to host all classifieds, that way everyone on either site could see them all. As far as posting new ones, I would assume that you would need to use your sportbikes.com username and password, not your sportbikeworld.com one. When the sites merged, everyone here got a username over there, basically your SBW name preceded by a SBW-. Your password for this site was used for that profile as well I believe. Give it a shot, try logging in as SBW-Mr.TrevorClever and see what happens. If that doesn't work, then you will have to register for the classifieds site. Maybe try e-mailing Mike the site owner (username sportbikes) to ask about any more detailed questions.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 11:11 AM

I thought there was a link there in that section of sportbikes that you should use if you were a SBW member. I posted a classified and had no problem.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

thompsonian, please walk me through the process of posting an ad. The only options i see are [log in, register, place ad], and my email address and password for the SBW do not work for any of the options.

I could resgister with my current email and make up a new password and fill out all my contact info. for the classifieds portion of the forum, but this just seems so frickin redundant if SBW and sportbike.com are working together as a single entity.

T

"Don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter."

"When I drink, something happens. This guy called Buzzy comes out. And he proceeds to do whatever he wants, I guess'' - Wayne Rainey
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-21-2005, 06:12 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
We are and we aren't. SBW and SB are two independant sites, run by the same owner.

I'm really not trying to sound like a dick, but I'm sure it will come across that way. What is the big deal with registering a username and password on the Classified site? You could have done that and posted 50 ads by now.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-21-2005, 09:18 AM Thread Starter

ive been chasing a bone. because some members tell me it's the same site and my password would work. This includes yourself "" basically your SBW name preceded by a SBW-. Your password for this site was used for that profile as well I believe. Give it a shot, try logging in as SBW-Mr.TrevorClever and see what happens. If that doesn't work, then you will have to register for the classifieds site""just trying to confirm this before I have to record another username and password.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode