are you all cops or what? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

Talking are you all cops or what?

Every time someone post something about getting a ticket or riding fast they get jumped on. I know every one here has broken more than a few laws on their bike but they pretend to be all high and mighty. If I want to go out in the middle of no where and crank it up to 160 thats on me. You take a risk every time you ride. Sure the track is where you should ride fast but you can also do it safe on the street if you use a little common sense(no traffic,clean rode,no cops). With those guys saying the track is the only place you should ride fast is crazy,why are they on bikes that will do over 160 for use on the street. If you are going to be preaching you better be on an EX500 or better yet a Honda 250rebel because there is no need to go over 70 on the street or at least that is what they are preaching.Sites like this should be used to share info about motorcycles not to hear some get up on thier soap box every day. Stop your bit**en and buy a moped if you don't like going fast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 10:57 AM
Strength and Honor

I honestly have no idea what threads you're describing, but I will say that if you shout out loud in public about the injustice of one getting a ticket when it was well-deserved, then you're setting yourself up for major harrassment here and anywhere else I've ever posted.

Try and accept the fact that people realize they will break laws, but that doesn't give them the right to bitch about it when they get caught.

I assume, of course, that that is how these purported threads are posted.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 11:12 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
While I'm not sure of the employment status of our membership, this site, as compared to other motorcycle sites, strives to have more of a mature/responsible attitude. Do we all routinely break laws while riding? Probably. Anyone who says they haven't is a liar, IMO. However, we also realize the consequences of those actions, and take the punishment that comes with it when caught.

It is because of this that we give little to no slack to those bitching about getting ticketed for breaking the law. Basically if someone is too stupid to not get caught, why should we cut them a break?

As far as saying the only place to go fast is the track, that is because it is the only "safe" place to do so. No matter what you think, there is no safe place on the road. Even empty roads with no traffic and no cops. Can you control animals running into your path? Debris on the road? Things like this are more controllable on a track and make it safer. Riders here suggest taking it to the track not to spoil people's fun but to keep them as part of the riding community as opposed to being street pizza.

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-01-2004, 07:14 AM

I say FTP
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-02-2004, 09:46 AM

If there were no laws then there would be complete kaios..

I agree.. The track is the only place to push your limits...
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 07:32 PM

The consenses amoung more "mature" riderz izz that if ya wanna play, ya gota pay...So like spicersh said, posters that get tickets get little in the way of sympathy, if any.

best thing to do, is IF you were doin the dirty deed, is hone up to it, pay the fine like a man...If you didn't do it, then there are websites dedicated to helping you fight tickets, that are unjustly handed out...

Of course there is an alternative...you can go as fast as you can, take turns at the speed they were meant to riden, and not worry bout the cops....It's called a Track day...lots of fun for a min. amout of $$$$ defintly a lot less than a speeding ticket costs..

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth

Last edited by Hammer 4; 01-12-2005 at 07:34 PM.
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hammer 4
Of course there is an alternative...you can go as fast as you can, take turns at the speed they were meant to riden, and not worry bout the cops....It's called a Track day...lots of fun for a min. amout of $$$$ defintly a lot less than a speeding ticket costs..
First of all, I will mention that I have always taken my speeding tickets as a deserved punishment for breaking the law. I'm not sure, however, that the costs of track days are less then the costs of speeding tickets. Sure, if you presume that every time you speed on the road you get a ticket, then the costs are comparable. Statistically, though, that is not the case. On the road, you get pulled over SOMETIMES, while on the track you pay EVERY TIME. And that's in the range $100-200, which is no peanuts for most people.

Besides, here in Kansas City I know of only one track that has bike days, and I think it is for drag racing only. The nearest complete course is in Hallett, Oklahoma, which is several hours away. As much as I would LOVE to experience the track, I just don't see it in my near future. That leaves me with the only option, full of pot holes, idiot cagers, and mean cops
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 11:50 AM

Speed

Tickets are the cost of doing business, when your business is speed. The other posters are right, no one wants to hear whining about it. If you get tagged by the popo, you have no one to blame but yourself. I speed... all the time, bike or cage, makes no difference, and I don't like getting pulled over, but I take my lumps. I would like to do track days, but like dude said, they aren't cheap (peanuts). Neither are tickets. I still need to rig a mount for my V1 on the bike, but since it is winter there isn't a pressing need.

There are a few cops that post here, I've noticed, but they seem to be pretty cool. One of the guys I've ridden with rides with a cop buddy, and they do triple digit runs on public roads. They get pulled over too, but thanks to dude's badge they get away with it. It's good to have connections.

-J
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 12:36 PM
Strength and Honor

Quote:
Originally posted by veektor
First of all, I will mention that I have always taken my speeding tickets as a deserved punishment for breaking the law. I'm not sure, however, that the costs of track days are less then the costs of speeding tickets. Sure, if you presume that every time you speed on the road you get a ticket, then the costs are comparable. Statistically, though, that is not the case. On the road, you get pulled over SOMETIMES, while on the track you pay EVERY TIME. And that's in the range $100-200, which is no peanuts for most people.

Besides, here in Kansas City I know of only one track that has bike days, and I think it is for drag racing only. The nearest complete course is in Hallett, Oklahoma, which is several hours away. As much as I would LOVE to experience the track, I just don't see it in my near future. That leaves me with the only option, full of pot holes, idiot cagers, and mean cops
Certainly fair points. It is, indeed, not cheap. I would argue that you'll learn more in a track day than you will in an entire year on the open road, though. So, in addition to not seeing insurance impacted, dealing with driving classes (and their associated fees), and risking license loss, you get education at a track day. Not so in the far more variable "real" world.

Others can perhaps offer track options.

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-21-2005, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by veektor

Besides, here in Kansas City I know of only one track that has bike days, and I think it is for drag racing only. The nearest complete course is in Hallett, Oklahoma, which is several hours away. As much as I would LOVE to experience the track, I just don't see it in my near future.
Check out Mid-America Motorplex. It is about 2 hours north of you by Omaha.

Another thing about doing ridiculous rates of speed in "safe" places, is that when you bite it on some back road, who's going to know you are there, if you aren't in a group??

"Don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter."

"When I drink, something happens. This guy called Buzzy comes out. And he proceeds to do whatever he wants, I guess'' - Wayne Rainey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode