this site has gone down hill - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 04:31 AM
bs72069
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
this site has gone down hill

wondering what happen to sportbike world. to me it seems to have gone down hill. people posting topics in forums that doesnt deal with the forum subject. about every forum has a crap load of polls in them. do the moderaters even check the forums out that they suppose to moderate and do there jobs? does the owner(s) even check out the site anymore?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 05:11 AM
S370HSSV 0773H
 
spicersh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Terrible Hole, IN
Posts: 7,437
Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Yes, the moderators do their jobs. As far as the owner, you'd have to ask him, I doubt any of us moniter his online activity.

I'm not a fan of the polls myself but there is no site rule against them, so I am not really sure what your complaint is. As far as the topics not fitting the forum, notify a moderator when you see this and they can take care of it. We don't look at absolutely every single thread, it's simply not realistic to do so.

If the content of the site is not to your liking you have two options: 1) try to change it by posting more, or 2) don't visit the site. Not trying to be a dick, but that's pretty much the deal.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
spicersh is offline  
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 06:25 AM
bs72069
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
so u saying post about a turbo in the suggestion forum for the site. i dont think it be that hard to notice that it doesnt belong in there. and polls can be solved easily by only polls be posted in a polls only forum. ive been a member of this site for alittle bit and its isnt being run like it use to be. before if a topic was posted in the wrong forum u use to see that it was moved to it right forum. now u very rarely see that. so that tells me someones not doing there job.
 
post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 06:44 AM
bs72069
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
and if u havent notice this is the suggestion forum for suggestion, complaints, and questions. and i have better things to do with my life than sit in front of the computer on sportbike world all day posting stuff to get my number higher thinking it means something that u have 4000 something posts. it saids to me that u have nothing better to do.
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 07:15 AM
S370HSSV 0773H
 
spicersh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Terrible Hole, IN
Posts: 7,437
Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Quote:
Originally posted by bs72069
and if u havent notice this is the suggestion forum for suggestion, complaints, and questions. and i have better things to do with my life than sit in front of the computer on sportbike world all day posting stuff to get my number higher thinking it means something that u have 4000 something posts. it saids to me that u have nothing better to do.
Congratulations then. Out of curiousity, where the hell did the post count thing come from? To my knowledge it's not something anyone uses to gain status here. If so, then I would agree with you that it is truly sad. That you brought it up in the first place though seems to suggest that it's more important to you than you admit. Just a thought.


Edit: I forgot to mention that yes, I do realize this is the suggestion forum. You haven't suggested anything though, you're just bitching.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
spicersh is offline  
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 07:27 AM
S370HSSV 0773H
 
spicersh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Terrible Hole, IN
Posts: 7,437
Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Quote:
Originally posted by bs72069
so u saying post about a turbo in the suggestion forum for the site. i dont think it be that hard to notice that it doesnt belong in there. and polls can be solved easily by only polls be posted in a polls only forum. ive been a member of this site for alittle bit and its isnt being run like it use to be. before if a topic was posted in the wrong forum u use to see that it was moved to it right forum. now u very rarely see that. so that tells me someones not doing there job.
Again, the moderators do not look at every single thread posted. It's not something that is realistic. Again, if you see a thread in a forum it doesn't belng in then notify a mod and we'll take care of it. Shall we try this a third time?

As far as polls, we do have a "Weekly Poll" forum, but there is no rule saying that all polls must reside in that forum. I am sorry that you don't like this policy, but that doesn't mean it's going to change. Are you suggesting we cater the site's content solely to you?

I too have been a member of this site for some time now, only about 6 months less than yourself, and when you say things are different and that they aren't run the same I would agree with a resounding "Duh!" Under Robert, the site made many changes, from Sportbikeworld to Motozine, Motozine back to Sportbikeworld, the incorporation of Sportbikes.net members when that site went tits-up (which is partly responsible for many of the unused forums), and so on and so forth. Robert then sold the site to Mike, the owner of Sportbikes.com. That is just a brief history, apologies if you already knew it all. If you did know it all already, then the fact that the site is run differently shouldn't have come as a big surprise to you. If you didn't know it all, then perhaps it will explain why things are different.

If you think we're not doing our job, then fine. That is your right to feel that way. As I said before, you can either help us out or you can leave. We don't like to see members go (save for the trolls), but we realize that we won't ever make everyone happy and that member turnover is unavoidable. You can always check out sportbikes.com, our sister site that is also owned and run by Mike. Perhaps it's format and moderation will be more to your liking.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
spicersh is offline  
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 08:22 AM
bs72069
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally posted by spicersh
Congratulations then. Out of curiousity, where the hell did the post count thing come from? To my knowledge it's not something anyone uses to gain status here. If so, then I would agree with you that it is truly sad. That you brought it up in the first place though seems to suggest that it's more important to you than you admit. Just a thought.


Edit: I forgot to mention that yes, I do realize this is the suggestion forum. You haven't suggested anything though, you're just bitching.
someone needs glasses. if u read the fine print it says after Suggestions suggestions, complaints, and questions. and since i was complaining about how this site is now and how its run. u got all offended and ur little feelings got hurt. u need a tissue. and u thinking that im the only one complain about the poll u need to check other post. and i even suggested it before (it got ignored ) that u should make a poll to see what people think about all the polls. and add in there that if the polls should be there own forum. u probably be surprised of what alot of people think about them. but i take it that would be to much trouble for the moderators to do. it could even be a weekly one at that. the post count came from member search then i put ur screenname in there and last time it read 4262 post for u. and u compare that to my post count. it take me years to get that many and have to posting everyday. it never happen because i dont live in front of the computer with nothing else to do. like ride my bike instead wishing i had one.
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 09:34 AM
S370HSSV 0773H
 
spicersh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Terrible Hole, IN
Posts: 7,437
Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Quote:
Originally posted by bs72069
someone needs glasses. if u read the fine print it says after Suggestions suggestions, complaints, and questions. and since i was complaining about how this site is now and how its run. u got all offended and ur little feelings got hurt. u need a tissue. and u thinking that im the only one complain about the poll u need to check other post. and i even suggested it before (it got ignored ) that u should make a poll to see what people think about all the polls. and add in there that if the polls should be there own forum. u probably be surprised of what alot of people think about them. but i take it that would be to much trouble for the moderators to do. it could even be a weekly one at that. the post count came from member search then i put ur screenname in there and last time it read 4262 post for u. and u compare that to my post count. it take me years to get that many and have to posting everyday. it never happen because i dont live in front of the computer with nothing else to do. like ride my bike instead wishing i had one.
I wear contacts, and my vision is 20/20, thank you for the concern though.

You truly are laughable. If you don't like the way the site is run then leave. Start your own forum. I am in no way offended. You said the mods weren't doing their jobs, I said we are. The owner of the site seems to be happy with us, so that is the biggest indicator that we're doing just fine.

Why don't you make a poll asking about all the polls. It's well within your abilities as a member. I don't do it because I don't care. When I see a bunch of polls I simply skip over them. I know they are irritating to some, myself included, but I don't try to make the site owner cater the site to only my needs. I deal with it, and I suggest you do the same.

You seem to be hung up on this post count thing. Do you want me to increase your post count so you feel special? I'll do it if it will shut you up about it. Who cares how many posts I have? I don't. Apparently you do though. It says a lot about you that you make judgements about me and my life when you know not the first thing about either. I "live" in front of the computer because my job requires that I do so. During slow times I get on here to talk to other riders and friends. I pay little to no attention to how many posts I have. Outside of work I am rarely if ever online, and I love riding my bike just as much as you love riding yours. It's interesting that you assume that I don't have one. Maybe you should do some research before posting in the future, as you clearly know little to nothing about the subject.

It seems you are trying to turn this into a fight. If you want this to get personal I can guarantee you'll lose. If you would rather speak via PM then I invite you to do so. Stop trolling the board though. Your original post had no other purpose than to try to start shit. Talk about a post that doesn't belong in the forum it's in. Hell it doesn't even belong on the board.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
spicersh is offline  
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 09:49 AM
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 1,992
Quote:
Originally posted by spicersh
...and I love riding my bike...
Can you really call a Buell Blast a bike? Is that fair to the other bikes?
Kevlar7R is offline  
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 09:57 AM
S370HSSV 0773H
 
spicersh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Terrible Hole, IN
Posts: 7,437
Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Quote:
Originally posted by Kevlar7R
Can you really call a Buell Blast a bike? Is that fair to the other bikes?
Hey, it's half a Harley. That's like, what, 1/4 of a bike then?

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
spicersh is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome