whats wrong with this - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2002, 06:47 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy whats wrong with this

ok why is no one posting since sbw became motozine? I know alot of people left and went to other sportbike only boards, but this is rediculous, there have been like 6 posts in the last 3 days. I agree that this new format doen't even compair to sbw but I didn't think this would ever happen to our beloved home.

rob can we have sbw back?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2002, 10:05 AM
Founder

Garage
Re: whats wrong with this

Quote:
Originally posted by SilentNEKO
ok why is no one posting since sbw became motozine? I know alot of people left and went to other sportbike only boards, but this is rediculous, there have been like 6 posts in the last 3 days. I agree that this new format doen't even compair to sbw but I didn't think this would ever happen to our beloved home.

rob can we have sbw back?
6 posts in the past 3 days? I know the traffic has gone down but I count about 200+ posts in the past 3 days.

And don't worry our visitor traffic will go back up next year once we start advertising in motorcycle magazines.

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2002, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

ok then is there something wrong with the recent topics list cause I keep checking and nothing new is really coming up, just the same old stuff. I don't know rob, couldn't you have sbw and motozine seperate, motozine is just to much work to navigate, and everyone seems to have left and gone I don't know where.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-15-2002, 10:16 AM
Founder

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by SilentNEKO
ok then is there something wrong with the recent topics list cause I keep checking and nothing new is really coming up, just the same old stuff. I don't know rob, couldn't you have sbw and motozine seperate, motozine is just to much work to navigate, and everyone seems to have left and gone I don't know where.
The new topics on the front page only pull the new posts from a few of the forums. The reason for this is some of our forums have a lot of "non-motorcycle" related talk about I don't want those forum messages to show up on the front page.

Here is what you do to view all of the "new" topics. Visit the forums at http://www.motozine.com/forums and the look on the top right hand side of the page for the link "view new posts". That will show you all of the new posts since your last visit.

I am working on a new layout for the different areas of the forums to make it easier to navigate.

Robert Basil

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2003, 06:10 PM

Robert,

I have to agree with SilentNEKO, there just isn't much activity here. I certainly can't fault the job you've done, as you seem to be everywhere and taking care of everything. I may be way off base here, but in my opinion there are just way too many categories for anyone to keep up with. It's like having a television with 200 channels. You're going to miss just about everything. Now one wants only three or four channels, but if there are too many you just can't help but focus your attention on a only a few. The result is very little activity everywhere. Itís just a matter of arithmetic.
I would consider consolidating somehow. If this was done, I'm sure some would complain, but I think the overall result would be far better website. I've noticed people asking you to create even more categories as though this would somehow help things. It won't. When more people participate in fewer areas, thereís automatically going to be more activity in each area. Just my 2 cents.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-07-2003, 09:56 AM

http://www.motozine.com/forums

The link returns a 404 error... page cannot be found.

Not sure what's up with that, as I can hit the forums via www.sportbikeworld.com.

Might want to look into it Robert
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-07-2003, 10:51 AM
Founder

Garage
Re: http://www.motozine.com/forums

Quote:
Originally posted by Northwind
The link returns a 404 error... page cannot be found.

Not sure what's up with that, as I can hit the forums via www.sportbikeworld.com.

Might want to look into it Robert
Sportbike World and MotoZine have parted ways.

Robert Basil

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-14-2003, 11:00 AM

Ah, that would explain it Robert! I'll switch my Favorites back to sportbikeworld.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode