Well... a bit of a gripe... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 09:16 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to saturntangerine Send a message via Yahoo to saturntangerine
Well... a bit of a gripe...

I'm not one to poo-poo what has been graciously given to me, however, I would like to express an opinion...

I very much enjoyed the *former* SBW because of its simplicity. It was primarily sportbikes, and naturally others were allowed, but not necessarily attracted. I was also a member of SBN before its change to CF.com. I must say, I am a bit disappointed in this new format of SBW which nearly mirrors the metamorphoses of CF. Everyone seems to think that drawing in a greater number of traditional bike riders will change the forum for the better. Bigger is not always better.

As I tried to emphasize, I am still very glad to have the same community under a new name. Just one of those little rants, I guess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 10:13 AM
Founder

Garage
Point taken, thanks for the input. And yes, it does make a difference.

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 05:01 PM

robert,
I've been on for a while now and have tried many other forums, the reason I always came back is because sbw was the best, it was just sportbikes, and very simple. this is not sbw anymore, it now is exactly like cycleforums.com, which I am a member of but never use cause its to hard and to much crap not related to us. why did it change over? could it be the influence of the new job and your trying to attract customers, if so is the site sponcered by fieldsheer? the old sbw was way better and way more active, now there is just to much to get to just the normal forums and not the rest of the stuff. I used to check sbw atleast 3 times a day, since the switch its once every few days. sbw was always original and unique in the world, now it just seems like a mirror site.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-17-2003, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to saturntangerine Send a message via Yahoo to saturntangerine
I'm absolutely LOVING the return of SBW!!! Thanks a million for all your hard work. Trust me, I know how much goes into a forum like this, but I for one am here to stay!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-17-2003, 02:11 PM
Founder

Garage
I'll be the first to admit I'm glad to have the old girl back as well.

Long live Sportbike World!

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-17-2003, 02:46 PM

Robert has worked very hard the last 3 years for SBW. I should know, I was the dumbass that married him. Robert and I feel thet SBW has a great community and it is worth all the work that he puts into it. Not just because it makes the members happy, but I like to see that my husband is happy too. And SBW is a part of him. So, once again, as always, I offer my support. Great job honey!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 12:03 PM

Smile

I just want to say that it's not easy running a site like this. It's takes a lot of time and dedication and I can tell you this off hand cause at one time I ran a site like this. My site was about the American Pitbull Terrier. The site was called "The SCRATCH Line". It was around for a little over 3 years. Now "The SCRATCH Line" was up a while back, in the early 90's and still today, over 6 years that I closed the board down people in the dog community still talk about it and comment how it was the best Pitbull message board ever around. The reason it bacame the best cite of it's kind around is because I pored my heart and sole into just like Robert does here with SportBike World. I've been a part of SportBike World since September 0f 2001 and I have to say that I'm proud to be here. Keep up the good work Robert.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 12:20 PM

As far as I'm concerned you could paint it purple, punch it in the eye, and rip it's prom dress to shreds and it's still the sexiest bitch in town! But enough about Tippmann... I'm in it for the long haul and Robert's got my support (as long as he doesn't bring that Will guy back). LOL

ps - I agree w/ Theresa... "Good job honey!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode