Sportbikeworld's time stamp - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2002, 09:38 AM Thread Starter

Sportbikeworld's time stamp

Attn: Moderators,

When a thread is created or a reply has been posted a time stamp normally appears marking when that action took place. What time zone is that based off of? Is it based off of the time zone indivitually selected in each user profile? If it is the time zone thing this makes sense (if you are ctrl time zone). If it is not the case, you may have a time synch problem with your server(s) or the server they get it from. I noticed when my last post displayed one hour earlier that what it acutally is...
either way, I may be completely wrong or completely right, just throught I would throw that our there...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 09:01 AM

You're right man...it's based on the timezone that each user is in...like for me on the eastern time zone a post will say that it was made a 3:00 PM, that same post would show a time stamp of 12:00 PM for someone on Pacific time...

I think it's a problem with the system though, because whenever I post something, it shows up an hour earlier too...
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 09:32 AM

The time is controlled by two settings.

#1 A setting in the VBulletin control panel which tells the software what time zone the server is located in.

#2 A setting in each users profile which details what time zone that user is in.

Because the server is located in Phoenix, and because we don't subscribe to Daylight savings and because the software doesn't recognize Phoenix as its own time zone, we have to adjust the time zone between PST and MST when DST changes...

Oh and at present the server is set to GMT -7 (Mountain Standard Time)

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-06-2002, 05:29 PM

Did I just read that Phoenix has its own timezone, and does not use Daylight Savings Time????

Not arguing, but very confused.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-06-2002, 08:01 PM
Founder

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by YZF600R Guy
Did I just read that Phoenix has its own timezone, and does not use Daylight Savings Time????

Not arguing, but very confused.
Yes, you read that (partially) correct.

Arizona does not do daylight savings time. We never have to change our clocks. Part of the year we are on MST and part of the year we are on PST.

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode