weather display update. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-09-2002, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

weather display update.

Not only should it show current conditions, but it would be cool to have saturdays and sundays predictions in small type.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-09-2002, 02:55 PM
Founder

Garage
I pull the data from the National Weather Service and it only gives me today and the next 5 days, so Sat and Sun are not always available. (Click on detailed forcast: https://www.sportbikeworld.com/module...her&file=index )

Good idea though, I'll have to see what I can come up with.

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-09-2002, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

Not sure how you retrieve you weather info but Ill show an example using a ADODB recordset. I am a C# programmer but Ill use VBS for readabiltiy. I know the actual code will look nothing like this and you probobly dont get the info from a recordset. And you are programming PHP and not ASP or VBS. But here is to demonstrate what "could" be done.

DIM SunInfo as string
DIM SatInfo as string
DIM SQLtext as string
DIM objrec as ADODB.Recordset
DIM objconn as ADODB.Connection

objconn.open "Connection info"

SunInfo = "Sun: Info not available"
SatInfo = "Sat: Info not available"

SQLtext = "SELECT Day, weatherinfo FROM weathertable WHERE" & _
" Day = 'Sunday' OR Day = 'Saturday'"

set objrec = objconn.execute(SQLtext)

do while not objrec.eof
if objrec("Day") = "Sunday" then Suninfo = "Sun: " & objrec("weatherinfo")
if objrec("Day") = "Saturday" then Suninfo = "Sun: " & objrec("weatherinfo")
objrec.movenext
loop

response.write("Today: " & TodayInfoVariable & "<br>")
response.write(SunInfo & "<br>")
response.write(SatInfo & "<br>")

Obviosly its a lil more complex then that, but im just trying to say what I mean. I left out the table HTML for bevity.

So why not just print out the data isnt available if it isnt?

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-09-2002, 04:37 PM
Founder

Garage
I could point out "Data not available" for the days it's not available. Right now I am just trying to figure out a way to fit the current days forcast, plus Sat and Sun all in a small box and make it readable.

P.S. Been a long time since I've seen VB and ASP. (I don't miss them a bit)

Robert Basil

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-09-2002, 05:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert
P.S. Been a long time since I've seen VB and ASP. (I don't miss them a bit)
ya ya. VB as ASP suck. But I wouldent be able to say that about ASP.NET Switch out the VB with C# and im on a roll for power .

I like to stick with all microsoft products, it just makes everything more organized. Ever since since microsoft release SQLserver 2000 I havent been feeling so ashamed, especialy since oracle is getting a little scared Can you say Clusterd Indexed Views?!(Woo Hoo). Database programming at its best! Damn I love power
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-09-2002, 09:53 PM
Founder

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by sagekiller666

ya ya. VB as ASP suck. But I wouldent be able to say that about ASP.NET Switch out the VB with C# and im on a roll for power .

I like to stick with all microsoft products, it just makes everything more organized. Ever since since microsoft release SQLserver 2000 I havent been feeling so ashamed, especialy since oracle is getting a little scared Can you say Clusterd Indexed Views?!(Woo Hoo). Database programming at its best! Damn I love power
You should talk to Will (RedNinja). He just LOVES VB and SQLserver.

Robert Basil

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-10-2002, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert

You should talk to Will (RedNinja). He just LOVES VB and SQLserver.
Three words for you: Go F&%K Yourself

I've sworn off databases for life
And I'm about ready to swear off microsoft....friggin servers blow ...but anyway I digress....
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-10-2002, 04:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by RedNinja

Three words for you: Go F&%K Yourself

I've sworn off databases for life
And I'm about ready to swear off microsoft....friggin servers blow ...but anyway I digress....
SQL server 6.0 and 7.0 pretty much blew. I cant say that for 2000. Oracle had A couple million dollar contests they had to void couse of them

Mainly couse SQL2000 changed they way memory was accessed along side the windows family crappy memory system. SQL server objects now get the minimum of 1 extent. each extent have up to 8 pages. each page now the size of 8k instead of 2k. With the posibility for anyobject to have as many extents as they please. And any objects blob data getting assigned its own extent with pointers in the main extent. Now for virtual objects that dont even exsist like views, they can now get clustered indexing using there own extents! We are talking lighting fast memory access here. Oracle is getting afraid... realy afraid... But then again if you are a big enough company like microsoft to hire any one they please or hire over any employee of another company they please, it does quite make this game fair does it?

As for microsofts 2000 server opating systems, for the most they are good. But when .net servers come out? I would mise well say bye to the compition.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode