"Live" Chat on Tues. and Thurs. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2001, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy "Live" Chat on Tues. and Thurs.

To the "Big Boys":

I have been around this site about a year now and remember when the live chat nites were really a great fun filled lively adventure. A while back there were some changes made to the chat client and the level of activity almost has dropped off the chart!! I am a computer dummy and don't pretend to understand the whys and where-fors.....
Now I am NOT pointing fingers at any one,but,just trying to bring to attention of the Admin. that the Live Chat nites have so radically changed that some nites no one is there at all!!!
Can anything be done to restore the chat nites to their former glory??
Where are people like Stacia,Lee,TJ and RCjohn,Squid and all the rest???
Please,please can't something be done to get this chat room MORE attention??
This can be such a BIG draw to this site.What better way to get SBW more members than to have a live chat room that is so kick a$$ people will come to check it out and then decide to explore the rest of the site??
Oh great-big-dudes-in-charge please here my plea for help!!
Thanx!!

JIM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2001, 08:56 PM
Unit220

ok lets get it going...

Loved your post Kat and I second your thoughts. Though I have not been around as longas you, I do remember a few nights when we had a crowd there and things really got to be fun. So keeping in that "train" (I think out lound..) of thought, Iím wondering where are all the people? New members I can understand, but the Senior Members could at least put in a bit of effort and spot in at least one of the two nights and stay at least a few minuets. Hell.. who knows, you may come in on a topic youíve been wanting help with or something you enjoy talking about. I really think having a place where I can come and have a live chat with people with the same interest as I have is a great idea.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2001, 11:15 PM
Founder

Garage
I'll admit I have been slacking on the chat nights. Been busy working on other stuff for the site. I'll make it a point to make it to the chat room more often.

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-27-2001, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert
I'll admit I have been slacking on the chat nights. Been busy working on other stuff for the site. I'll make it a point to make it to the chat room more often.
Wellllll.......okay Robert I guess we will have to cut you some slack especially since you are more of a two-some nowadays!!

JIM
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-29-2001, 02:17 AM
Unit220

For some strange reason, I donít see a reply here from BikeNutÖ. He and I have had this same discussion before, so I know he feels the same way.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-29-2001, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

Question

Just a thought but would a reminder posted in the "Chat" forum,re: chat nite do any good??

JIM
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-29-2001, 04:41 PM

Chat ...

Can I ask a dumb question here???? What type of discussions do you have , i.e. is it just bike talk, can we talk tech. stuff ect.?? I'd be interested in joining in! if it's o.k. with all the big wigs!!

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-29-2001, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Re: Chat ...

Quote:
Originally posted by Hammer 4
Can I ask a dumb question here???? What type of discussions do you have , i.e. is it just bike talk, can we talk tech. stuff ect.?? I'd be interested in joining in! if it's o.k. with all the big wigs!!
Hey Hammer........
It's pretty much a wide open chat room.
Lottsa bike stuff but everything else too!!
Come check it out,it's for everybody!!!

JIM
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-29-2001, 10:08 PM

My humble apologies...

Errrrrrrrrr.... Ummmmmmm....

I got divorced last Tuesday morning (the 24th) and it kinda put me into a tail spin.... I couldn't figure out if I should be elated or devastated.... still dunno.... but I missed the last 2 chat sessions and I apologise.

Now I gotta find a new place to live.....

Ch-ch-ch-changes! Turn and face the strain.... ch-ch-ch-changes! Or is that turn and bend over?

Ok Robert, you can fire me.... the wife did. Oooopppssss... EX wife.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-30-2001, 05:25 AM

Send a message via AIM to UndrTkrCd Send a message via Yahoo to UndrTkrCd
Chat nites

Heya!

I've logged into chat a couple of times and really enjoyed it! I agree w/Unit & Katana...need more people!!

I just think it's a good way to get to know lots of folks from all over...so....

Come on, ya'll!!!!

CD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode