Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Comfortable tourer / cruiser
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-05-2003, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
BamBam

Send a message via AIM to BamBam Send a message via Yahoo to BamBam
Comfortable tourer / cruiser

I posted this on another motorcycle board and didn't get much response so I thought I'd try you guys...

I'm a keen sportbike rider but my missus has expressed interest in riding with me and she's really uncomfortable on the back of the Ducati.. ouch!! I would be too.

I'm starting to look around for a possible second bike, the accent being on passenger comfort for short trips. I cannot see us doing any serious touring but maybe the occasional daytrip.

Honda Goldwings have quite a reputation for comfort and logically a full-out tourer like that would be the obvious choice but I'm wondering if there isn't something out there a little less err over-the-top. I mean the Goldwing may be just too much bike for the occasional trip to the local lake on a Sunday.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Cheers, Bill (BamBam)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-

I live in fear of not being misunderstood. ~ Oscar Wilde

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome