Using Diesel oil in your bike - Page 4 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 06:19 AM

I'm not one to really throw down hard on the throttle, but I just recently changed to Rotella T 5W 40 synthetic and my bike shifts 100% easier and smoother than before. 1998 Bandit 1200
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 07:47 AM

Send a message via AIM to Rodm850g
Guys,
The JASO designation is sort of new as far as oil specs go.....whether you run a specific oil or not isn't worth a hill of beans if you change it frequently enough....do I feel like spending all that extra cash on private label brands or name brand oils is well a moot point....it gets to running an oil within the viscosity range for the environment you are in.....diesel oil, car oil its all four stroke oil.....all the mfg gots their oils labeled but who makes it and is it worth more than a qt of wtfever oil you want to run......I got no dog in this hunt and I'm not trying to sell anything...if you good fells from Amsoil are sponsors I surely don't mean to offend but the majority of riders that are concious enough to get into one of these threads prolly already services his or her bike like it needs...I do, have for over 30 years......what ever I ride.....
thats why I can still ride and enjoy a 1979 model Suzi.....how I manage to get great mileage from a 1300cc Sport tourer, how my cruiser just runs and runs......Its all about that and if somebody wants to run private brand label
oils thats cool but if you dont and runa conventional ol and service it more frequently ...you aren't doing harm either......Awwww hell lets go for a ride...now whichbike do I want to ride

Rodm850g

damn all this talking/typing crap I'm going riding...
which one
post #33 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-16-2009, 07:54 AM

"There is a russian saying, that badly translates to "When you feel your ass being kissed, do not relax. The saliva could be applied for lubrication purposes"."

LMAO....just refound this thread..missed that one the first time

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties.
Abraham Lincoln

post #34 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 12:41 PM

I really hate it when people post in old threads, but I think this is the most appropriate place for some new information.

Shell's Rotella T6 5W40 synthetic oil and Rotella T 15W40 conventional oil are now both JASO MA certified, i.e., approved for use in motorcycles with wet clutches. This should put to rest the debate on whether it's safe to use these excellent diesel oils in bikes.

Oddly, the T5 synthetic blend is not certified. I would guess they didn't bother to test it.

-
"We didn't trade shoves; I did all the shoving." -Bobby Knight, 1981
post #35 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 05:46 AM
Strength and Honor

Cool update, thanks.

Its always been my preference to post in older, directly-related threads rather than creating new ones. Makes finding my info so much easier later.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #36 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 08:28 AM

good to see ya'll still walkin the earth

funny

that Rotella worked just fine for me before the approval

thanks Keeny for the info...just bein my smart ass self

hope to hear more from you fellas soon

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties.
Abraham Lincoln
post #37 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 03:24 AM
Banned

Thumbs up Wow Realy interesting

Wow thats really interesting. Thnx for sharing.
post #38 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 06:37 AM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARKninjaZX9 View Post
good to see ya'll still walkin the earth

funny

that Rotella worked just fine for me before the approval
The thing is that the Rotella you have used in the past, is not the Rotella of today. Shell changed the formulation around Sept of '09.

Also, it is not JASO "Certified" . It has not been tested. Shell, as some other oils, use the JASO qualification from their additive suppliers to become "Self Rated".

The Best isn't cheap
Cheap isn't The Best

Bob

We offer special prices and all products will be shipped from your closest AMSOIL warehouse. For more info go to
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, email;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or call 1-877-356-6099

Motorcycle Oil test data

post #39 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 08:05 PM
Banned

Thumbs up Hi there looby dubby!

Wow thats really interesting. Thnx for sharing!
post #40 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 03:37 AM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

[QUOTE=kirqleffna;662440]Wow thats really interesting. Thnx for sharing!
QUOTE]

Welcome.

Where oils use to change every 4-6 years in the past to keep up with new technology and engine designs, it can now be every 4-6 months in some cases.

That is one of the reasons I am against doing "Searches" on forums. New things can come about quickly and the information will not come to the surface.

The Best isn't cheap
Cheap isn't The Best

Bob

We offer special prices and all products will be shipped from your closest AMSOIL warehouse. For more info go to
, email;
or call 1-877-356-6099

Motorcycle Oil test data

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode