Please read carefully!
I bought this bike as a new / left-over model with ZERO miles in January of 2008. In the summer of 2009, I installed the following:
- 2007 GSX-R750 USD forks and radial brakes (forks rebuilt by Traxxion Dynamics in Canton, GA)
- 2006 GSX-R1000 front fender
- 2005 GSX-R600 top triple clamp (with correctly modified center-bore)
- Holeshot Performance exhaust canisters w/ re-mapped TFI Box
- Swatt Motorcycle Products 2-1/2 inch rise clip-ons (RARE!!)
- Pro-Tek billet bar end weights
- Chewy's Stuff PAIR removal kit and exhaust angle spacers
- T-Rex Racing frame sliders
- TrickTape Motorsports tear-drop front blinkers and mini-stalk rear blinkers
- Targa Accessories rear fender eliminator
- Bridgestone BT021 tires front and rear
- OEM Suzuki tail cowl
In the spring of 2010, I injured my knee and was unable to ride for several months. The bike was put in storage about 1000 miles after performing the mods listed above and with about 11000 miles total. When I returned to riding that fall, I bought a new bike and let the SV sit. I drained the oil, gas, and coolant and it stayed in storage until last year. Because it sat for so long, I decided to do a mini-overhaul in July of 2013 that included the following:
- valve adjustment with new head gaskets
- new CR8E spark plugs
- new All-Balls tapered steering head bearings (installed with Amsoil synthetic racing grease)
- new All-Balls sealed wheel bearings front and rear
- new Bikemaster O-ring drive chain
- front brake master cylinder rebuild
- front brake caliper rebuilds (left and right)
- new Apex braided steel front brake lines
- new Galfer front brake pads
- flushed and bled rear brake master cylinder and caliper
- clutch master cylinder rebuild
- clutch slave cylinder rebuild with new seals
I also bought but did not install
the following (all included with sale):
- new OEM throttle cables
- new black billet gas cap
- new EverStart battery
- new Lockhart Phillips tear-drop front turn signals
- one gallon Engine Ice coolant
- three quarts Valvoline 10W-40 engine oil
- two HiFlo-Filtro oil filters
A complete, printed factory service manual is also included, as are the original exhaust canisters and PAIR system.
I lost interest in completing the project and put the bike back under a cover late last summer. It is almost ten years old but it really spent just two seasons on the road. It has never been crashed. It is dusty from sitting in storage, but it is complete and undamaged. It was a daily rider for two years, so it may have some bug marks in the plastic or some crazing in the headlamps, but there are no dents, cracks, or other significant damage. The bike was kept clean when it was in use and it will be a very handsome ride once reassembled.
It is currently suspended from my garage ceiling and requires some reassembly (see attached photos). I have also included photos of the bike prior to disassembly. I obviously cannot start it in its current condition, but I can turn the engine by hand to prove it hasn't seized. The bike ran like a BEAST before my injury and did not have any mechanical problems. The tires and other rubber parts are grimy from the humidity, but will probably scrub clean.
A lot of time, effort, and money went into this bike. It should perform normally once reassembled, but I cannot offer any guarantee or warranty. Sold as-is.
The bike is located in Resaca, Georgia, between Dalton and Calhoun (thirty minutes south of Chattanooga, an hour north of Atlanta).