1985 Yamaha FZ 750 - $600 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

1985 Yamaha FZ 750 - $600

Hey so i'm selling my bike I've only really ridden it for 1 season unfortunately for me.

For $700 you get:
- Brand new barely used tires. It's got a pair of Bridgestone BT45 Battlax tires (I got new rubber on it when I bought it)
- 8x 000 KMs
- Engine been compression tested and looked at by a Yamaha Cert Technician so doesn't need an eng rebuild or anything (despite the high kms)
- Dyno Jet Stage 1 jet kit
- Fairings look pretty rough. Previous owner presumably dropped it once or twice, I dropped it twice from a stop.
- K and N air filter.
- It has no accidents on it, you can double check for yourself.
- It ran about 2 years ago, and I threw some fuel stabilizer in it. Now it doesn't run . May require carbs to be cleaned up and a new battery.
- Street legal (of course)

It's quite heavy so it feels quite stable for daily street riding, and really windy days. This motorcycle is quite capable of running with just a bit of TLC, it would also make a really good project bike before the summer as a streetfighter bike or custom.

A little history on the bike:
Back in 85, this bike won the Daytona 200 with Eddie Lawson as its rider. This bike was one of the fastest back in its day. This was also the first motorcycle Yamaha built to have 5 valves per cylinder. Also, the Japanese police used this as their motorcycle, dubbed the FZ750P

When you own this bike you also own a piece of Yamaha history. PM me for more info.

Link to pics:http://postimage.org/gallery/8y02thc/

Note - This bike is in Vancouver, BC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-24-2012, 06:51 AM
Strength and Honor

I'll throw in that 80's era bikes are tanks, which is fantastic if you're new to the sport. Of course it also carries that classic cache for some of us older folks too

GLWS

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode