Motorcycle.com Best of 2010 Awards - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sportbikes
Motorcycle.com Best of 2010 Awards

Now in its second year, our MOBO awards selections process gives us the chance to reflect on the year that was. And for 2010, the spotlights were generally shining on European manufacturers which continued to pump out desirable product while most Japanese OEMs crawled into a hole to wait out the near-global recession.

Brands like Aprilia, BMW, Ducati and Triumph haven't slowed the launching of new models, and this forging ahead in the midst of a storm has resulted in gains of market share. It's also provided us with several interesting new bikes to ride. Perhaps most interesting of all are the bikes in the paradigm-shifting electric motorcycle movement that's rapidly gathering momentum. Progress in this category will come quickly as new technology takes great leaps forward.

Although the two-wheel market isn't what it once was, this is nevertheless a fascinating era in the evolution of motorcycling. The best motorcycles and machinery of 2010 are seen at the link below.

More: Motorcycle.com Best of 2010 Awards on Motorcycle.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 09:45 PM

It would be hard to argue with the BMW as the bike of the year. So much performance for relatively little money. Personally I think the Multistrada would be a better bike of the year, but both bikes are so good (in their respective arenas, of course) that it's a toss-up.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 12:51 AM

I think that BMW is deservedly recognized as the best sport bike year. Ever wanted to have BMW. These bikes have all the design practicality and speed.=)
No wonder our brave police officers be given the BMW to keep our roads in safety=)

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 01:05 AM

Exclamation

Tony Cairoli 2010 MX1 world champion

Nobody like him in the Italian motocross history.

Antonio Cairoli, on his revolutionary KTM SX-F 350, won his 4th world title, two GPs before the end of the season.

Second overall after the first manche, behind the 2008 World Champion, the Italian David Philippaerts. He won the the second race, after the retirement of the Belgian Clement Desalle who encountered a mechanical problem while he was leading two laps to the finish.

This win is another demostration of Cairoli's value, after the winning of the MX1 title at his first full year in the category in 2009 and the MX1 GP win at a single selected outing in 2007 while he was still a MX2 rider.

The Brazilian GP also marked the return of KTM's return to success in the biggest class, after the last title in 1985 with Heinz Kinigadner.

Cairoli's career in the MX World Championship started in 2002 in the 125cc class. After two years the Sicilian rider met the Italian Claudio De Carli, manager of the Yamaha team, who offered Tony a ride. The association resulted into Tony's victory in Namur, the toughest track in the world, and a final 3rd place in the 2004 MX2 championship.

In 2005, still under De Carli's wing, Tony finally became World Champion in the MX2 class after six GP wins despite his disqualification in the French GP and a very painful scaphoid injury in the Dutch GP that didn't stop the Italian.

In 2006 his first year as Red Bull branded athlete, after a difficult start of the season, Tony obtained 12 moto wins, but that was not enough to catch the French Cristophe Pourcel, who had took the championship lead in the meantime.
The "never surrender" attitude of Tony anyway was clear at the last GP in France where he won both the two heats, but Pourcel won the title anyway.
At the end of the season, Tony collected a marvellous heat win in the MX2 class at the Motocross of Nation, leading the Italian team to 4th overall.

In 2007 Cairoli learned from the past year mistakes and dominated the MX2 championship winning 10 of 15 GPs and holding the red plate in each single round.
Yamaha also gave him the opportunity to race one round in the MX1 class where he won at his first attempt, as mentioned before, starting from the 12th position. What a result!!!

In 2008 we started the cooperation with the full team, at that time still racing for Yamaha: Red Bull De Carli Team, but it was a really unluckly year for Tony. At the South African GP a left knee injury stopped the Sicilian rider for the rest of the season.

After the rehabilitation, the rider from Patti, made a permanent move to the MX1 class where he surprised everyone again, winning the title.
2009 will be also remembered by Tony for the return in Italy of the Motocross of Nations, after the one hosted in Maggiora in 1986. The fresh MX1 World Champion won the first heat, but in the second one was caught up in a group crash at the start of the race.

In 2010, Red Bull and KTM decided to move to the next step. Fully believing in both the talent of the Italian guy and the experience and skills of Claudio De Carli and his team, we decided to renew the entire KTM factory team and give them the responsibility of developing the innovative SX-F 350. A bike that represents a total revolution in the sport of motocross by combining the agility of a 250 and the power of the 450.
And in the end, after yesterday, we can say the made the right choice!

Tony said: "This win is something amazing and special. I didn't expect to win here, fortunately for me Desalle did'nt arrived in the second race and so I won the championship. I really enjoyed this title, it was my first year with KTM and the 350. Thanks to everybody that worked for me and to my fans that supported me through all the season."
[IMG][/IMG]
Congratulations Tony!!!
P.S.
Dear moderator of the forum, I post this post here cause i can't start new topic? forum gives error/ So please start a new topic. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode