The Women's Sportbike Rally Forum - Page 4 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Missis "B"
You know....I keep hearing these rumors also but I go up there once or twice a month and have not had any issues.....
That being said...if it looks like we are going to have some problems, there are sooooo many roads we can enjoy before and after the gap....
If anyone is coming down early track us down....we are going up the Wednesday before....We will be staying at fontana village....I will be riding a pumpkin orange 2003 z1000.
I'm hopefully heading out there the second week of Sept. In the middle of moving right now, so it depends on how that goes.

But I've heard from folks that live there that say this is all happening, and there are a ton of pics at the tailofthdragon.com website and Killboys site as well. Just be careful, and keep all those alternate routes in mind in case. I haven't heard anything about the Hellbender or the Cherohala, but I know they supposedly have hit up the Snake (421) as well.

Take care...

Dan
1991 FZR 1000 - built 1040 with race cams, Akrapovic full exhaust, and mild suspension work
2004 YZF R1 - Graves full exhaust, velocity stacks, BMC race filter, and Power Commander. Rear Ohlins. Forks rblt with Race Tech springs and Gold Valves.
2005 20th Anniversary V-Max (0098/2000) - T boost,
2005 YZF R6 track bike - Graves full exhaust, Race Tech suspension
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 11:53 AM

Leaving out tomorrow!! Woohoo!!!!!!
Will not be riding the z1000 after all....will be on a 2003 yzf600....
see you all this weekend!!!

It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast....then to ride a fast bike slow..... : )
post #33 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Missis "B"
Leaving out tomorrow!! Woohoo!!!!!!
Will not be riding the z1000 after all....will be on a 2003 yzf600....
see you all this weekend!!!
Sweet bike! Great brakes... you'll have a really good time.

Take care... be safe..

Dan
1991 FZR 1000 - built 1040 with race cams, Akrapovic full exhaust, and mild suspension work
2004 YZF R1 - Graves full exhaust, velocity stacks, BMC race filter, and Power Commander. Rear Ohlins. Forks rblt with Race Tech springs and Gold Valves.
2005 20th Anniversary V-Max (0098/2000) - T boost,
2005 YZF R6 track bike - Graves full exhaust, Race Tech suspension

post #34 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-22-2007, 08:41 AM

We're heading up tomorrow early afternoon, to be there before dark hopefully. Steph, I'll find ya' or call when we're getting close so we can meet up. We'll get checked in and then bring the Luau stuff I've got over to your cabin or the Wildwood, whichever works. I'm so READY to go !!!! Drive safe & see you all soon!
post #35 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 08:10 AM

Smile Women's rally 2008

Hi ladies, I am new to this forum. I would love to attend the rally in NC but I live in Fort Lauderdale. I wanted to trail my CBR up there and really do not want to do that long drive all the way up there alone. Does anyone know anyone from Florida who is going? Please let me know as I have to make plans soon Thanks very much J.
post #36 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackaroo View Post
Hi ladies, I am new to this forum. I would love to attend the rally in NC but I live in Fort Lauderdale. I wanted to trail my CBR up there and really do not want to do that long drive all the way up there alone. Does anyone know anyone from Florida who is going? Please let me know as I have to make plans soon Thanks very much J.

Its not till August 22-24, 2008
www.womenssportbikerally.com Last year there was several GA girls maybe you could ride up and met some of them.I live in TN or I would hook up with ya.
post #37 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 12:34 PM

Details?

There are a couple of women in my group that are interested in coming. Is there an itinerary available yet? Where do we book rooms?

Yvonne McAvoy
Organizer
http://fembikers.meetup.com/187/
www.sportbikes.meetup.com/238
[email protected]
post #38 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

Definitely look for 2008 updated information to go up this week. I just took a new job and moved too which has been crazy.

Currently you can book rooms at Fontana Village www.fontanavillage.com simply by calling and asking for the WSR rate that day. Itinerary will about the same as last year with Friday being a Meet 'n Greet opportunity, Saturday riding (self-guided or group) and Saturday night being the big party. Hope you can make it. That is great!!!!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are!" ~ Theodore Roosevelt
post #39 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 08:19 AM

Send a message via AIM to queenisis Send a message via Yahoo to queenisis
I Am Trying To Be There As Long As I Don't Have A Race To Come Up I Am There.

GOD MADE THE WORLD IN 7 DAYS.... WHAT CAN YOU DO TODAY????
post #40 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 12:44 PM

Wsr

Hello all. I'm heading to the WSR for the 1st time this year. Im about 30 mins from Asheville so the drive isn't that bad. But I'm coming alone and would love to meet up with someone before heading up. I can't wait to meet all yall and interested in finding out all about all of you. Looking forward to hear everyones bike stories. I love to ride but all the ppl I ride with have crusiers. It will be great to meet others with the same interests.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode