CCW class - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to SpeedyZ
CCW class

Well after thinking about it for just over a year I finally picked up a XD sub compact 9mm. I'm looking for a good ccw class. I don't want no fly by night class. I want something in depth. Also a good advanced class.

Thanks
Mike

Oh I hear Pete's indoor range does a bowling pin shooting night on Thursdays!! Sounds like a good time

Mike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 05:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to Flip Send a message via Yahoo to Flip
i am also interested in getting mine speed so let me know when you find one maybe i can tag along i think jgreen was interested also!

Redline Superbike Member - President
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyZ View Post
Well after thinking about it for just over a year I finally picked up a XD sub compact 9mm. I'm looking for a good ccw class. I don't want no fly by night class. I want something in depth. Also a good advanced class.

Thanks
Mike

Oh I hear Pete's indoor range does a bowling pin shooting night on Thursdays!! Sounds like a good time

Hey Mike,

I know it might be a bit out of the way for you, but I know of a great place out here in Westland that has a great class. The name of the place is Firing Line. Just do a google search or yahoo search, and you will find them.

Jon

"Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal."

"Hold my beer, watch this"

Redline Superbike Member

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 03:19 AM

Send a message via AIM to DocThee Send a message via Yahoo to DocThee
Doesn't RedZ put a class on? I think he is an instructor. I'm not sure on the breadth and depth of the class, but he would be a guy to call for a deal. I took mine with Simon a few years back. Great class!

It seems like most of the classes are set up the same...classroom time with an Attorney then range time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keep the ride on...

AIM and Yahoo! - DocThee

"Anything can be a medicine or a poison."

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Seperabit
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyZ View Post

Thanks
Mike

congrats on the XD! i have the XD.40 and LOVE it. was thinking about picking up an XD45 too just cuz i like it so much

"dude you're like Sprite now, lemon & lime!" - a drunk dial from DieselZX
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 07:17 AM

Send a message via AIM to DocThee Send a message via Yahoo to DocThee
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjkGURU View Post
congrats on the XD! i have the XD.40 and LOVE it. was thinking about picking up an XD45 too just cuz i like it so much

I have and carry the .40 as well.

Keep the ride on...

AIM and Yahoo! - DocThee

"Anything can be a medicine or a poison."

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Seperabit
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 09:40 AM

I actually took my class through a gentleman named Rob Reed. Rob actually posted on this forum a while back, and runs a pretty good one day class. He does the range portion in Roseville.

Robs business is called SWAT academy. Sorry, don't have his number handy.

I think Firing Line runs a more in depth class, and goes more into defensive shooting. I believe it is actually a two day class. I am taking their personal protection series of classes, and they are awesome. Their range is the nicest indoor gun range I have been to.

I am currently carrying the Smith & Wesson M&P Compact 9mm. 1500 rounds through it and not a single jam, even with re-loads.

Jon

"Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal."

"Hold my beer, watch this"

Redline Superbike Member
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgreen View Post
I actually took my class through a gentleman named Rob Reed. Rob actually posted on this forum a while back, and runs a pretty good one day class. He does the range portion in Roseville.

I think Firing Line runs a more in depth class, and goes more into defensive shooting. I believe it is actually a two day class. I am taking their personal protection series of classes, and they are awesome. Their range is the nicest indoor gun range I have been to.

I am currently carrying the Smith & Wesson M&P Compact 9mm. 1500 rounds through it and not a single jam, even with re-loads.

Jon
He must have been Simon's (aka Aus) partner. A bunch of us took the class through him

"dude you're like Sprite now, lemon & lime!" - a drunk dial from DieselZX
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 05:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocThee View Post
Doesn't RedZ put a class on? I think he is an instructor. I'm not sure on the breadth and depth of the class, but he would be a guy to call for a deal. I took mine with Simon a few years back. Great class!

It seems like most of the classes are set up the same...classroom time with an Attorney then range time.
Yeah I still have my PM's from Aus from last year. He gave me a lot of good info.

Flip I'll let you know what I find out on classes.

Glad to hear you guys have enjoyed your XD's. They guy i bought it from has a brand new never fired S&W M&P .40 he's selling too. He's wants $400 for it

Mike

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgreen View Post

Jon

Thanks Jon. Simon told me to call Rob but gave me a (248) number. I'll try that number and also do a search for business.

Mike

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode